Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Fort Macleod
My wife of 35 years passed away due to als at age 52. she was diagnosed 2005 . she was my heart and soul and they have been ripped from me we grew up next door to each other and played as children . 48 hrs was what it took she was fine on friday night on a bi pap machine monday and gone thurs june 12. Iam lost without her and have no idea what to do next . She tried to fight and put up a brave effort against this disease . Her father died of ALS as well .She died at home surrounded by loved ones and I held her hand and told her that we would be okay and she could go but i keep on breaking down and weeping over it

I am so sorry for your loss. I know there are no words to take away the incomprehensible pain, so I won't try, but I hold you and your family in my prayers.
Andrea - wife of Pals Jim

kinsman, may your wonderful wife rest in peace. and may God give you peace and comfort. It is alright to cry. You go ahead and cry, it's good for the heart and mind. Believe me, I went through this a year ago when my beloved son passed due to Als, too. Your wife's departure was somewhat kind of similar to my son's. He too, passed at home sorrounded by loved ones. I watched him take his "last breath" and I felt my heart and soul ripped from my body. I am coming along, my friend, with a lot of faith and prayers. I do a lot of things that my sweet son would have wanted for me to do. You take care, and God bless you. Your precious wife is in Good Hands. She is watching over you. You now have an angel watching over you. Keep us posted, don't be a stranger. Again, "God Bless."

Irma

kinsman,
I'm so sorry you've lost your wife and soul-mate. What a life you must have had together from childhood to now. I'm sure you do feel lost without her. I can only imagine what it's like to reach this stage in your PALS' illness. Some of us CALS have yet to experience that loss and emptiness. It's the biggest dread of all.
Please know that I will keep you in my thoughts. I wish you some measure of comfort as these slow, painful, empty days go by.
Post again if it brings you comfort and let us know how you're doing.
Peace to you, kinsman,
Jane

Sorry for your loss Kinsman. My condolences to you and your family.
AL.

I am so very sorry for the loss of your wife. There are no words to ease your pain, just know you and your family are in my prayers. Please be good to yourself and take care
In griendship
Jeannie

I am sorry for your loss, Kinsman. Feel free to join us anytime the going gets rough. People around here are very understanding and I would hate for you to think you have to cope all alone. Cindy

Very sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace...

I am so sorry that you have lost your wife and best friend. She was so young. May God give you peace and strength. Your story touched my heart.
Laurel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back