Reason
PALS
Country
Uni
State
Texas
City
Tomball
Hi Friends (Second Family)...............................

Hi! God bless each one of you, I really do not know what I would have done without you guys! This forum keeps me going. I know, for a fact, that each and every time that I flip this computer on, my son is watching over my shoulder, reading right along with me. David, Al and Cindy, thank you so very much for offering us a shoulder to lean on, and that shoulder is ALSFORUMS.COM. Love you guys!

I really do not know where to begin, but I will give it my best shot! As many of you know that my son's first year anny is around the corner. I have oodles of things to do, in his memory, how I miss my baby. I wish there was a way where we all could get together for hugs, tears, and prayers. The 2 Als, Cindy, freddie'snetty, hoping, mya, cuykita, Jesus there are so many! I love you all! You guys are like family!

I will be posting a few things in my son's memory in the days to come. I have a very busy schedule, have so many things to do. On June 1st, we are having a special Mass given in my son's memory at 5:30 pm, please think of us then! This Friday I am delivering flowers to the church to repesent my baby. I am looking forward to that day. This past Sunday I took a drive to my son's grave, and had a beautiful visit with him. It was HOT! The heat ain't nothing, I do not mind that! I know my baby knows when I come and visit with him! I have been having some beautiful dreams about him.

There is something I would like to share with you guys! I would like to share the Eulogy that my son, and I had partially put together. This eulogy was about halfways done when he came to the end. I had to finish it with a broken heart. So let's share it..............

A Eulogy To Our Beloved Son Rudy

Who would have thought, sweetheart! Years ago when you were so full of life, such a strong person, always cutting up, and yet you always had respect for your elders. Who would have thought that I was going to see you lying in a casket. To me it is still like a dream. Your Dad is having a hard time dealing with your departure.

The day that you were diagnosed with this terrible disease my world came to an abrupt end! It hit me like a train! For a very long time I was in denial. Denial and depression played tug of war with me for a long period. I remember when I used to wake up in the middle of the night and cried myself back to sleep in silence. The next day I did not feel like getting up. I forced myself to do a lot of things. I remember when you told me not to worry, and that everything was going to be alright, even though you knew this dreadful disease had no cure. You assured me that deep down you knew that it was God's plan. Yes baby that's what you told me, "Mom, it's all God's plan, so please do not cry. I am not afraid." What a courageous young man! I respect you so much for your bravery. You never complained, not once. You never showed any fear at all. I felt so bad foryou, baby. My life has changed so.

I remember you as a baby. So cute! Your Grandpa used to call you "Fito." I remember when you were a toddler, you grabbed your Grandma's cat, and put it in your Grandpa's Mynah Bird's steel cage. The cat and the bird were going round and round! After you'd seen what was taking place, you ran and hid! That's like little "Fito" huh? You were always getting into something, such a rascal!

Oh, before I forget honey, your kind of music will always ring in my ears. You left sooo many CD's behind, and I will always be listening to your music!

I loved and enjoyed taking care of you. Taking care of you was never a burden.

Baby, I am about to wrap up this eulogy. I just want for you to know that we will never forget you. You will be missed so. You are now resting in peace, my angel, no more pain, and no more Als my love. I bet it is beautiful where you are at right now. I see you as my angel watching over us. You have made such a brave person out of me! I learned a lot from you. We love you, Rudy! You are so special!

My son, God God gives us chances in life, but only two times, a time to be born, and a time to die, to enter into eternal life. He helps us all through our lives until the end, and when it's time to go, he takes us Home to Heaven. May you have a safe journey, dear son, and God keep you under His wings for Eternity!

Son, it is time for me to bring this to a close. There will be no "Good byes", because I know we will meet again on the other side. I will forever feel your presence. You are now my Guardian Angel, son. We love you. Enjoy your new life with Our Father.

Lots of Love,
Mom, Dad and Shannon

irma that is so beautiful. he was a lucky boy to have u as a mother. he is now in peace. hugs n kisses lupe

Thank you cukita! May God bless you. I have been wanting to share this eulogy with you guys, but I was waiting for the right moment. May God wrap His arma around you, and your dear son, and keep you'll in Good Hands!

Irma

Dear sweet Irma

The eulogy for Rudy was so touching! A mothers love for her child is the strongest bond on earth. My heart breaks for your loss but your memories and times you had with Rudy since he was a baby will live with you always. I also have two sons and they are a joy. Their hearts break for their Dad and they try to be so strong and supportive. This disease trys so hard to rob our joy but our love is bigger than ALS and cannot take the love from us ever!

I do believe that science will someday soon have a cure for ALS and until that time, I will pray each day to ask God to give the scientist the wisdom they need to find it!

You were blessed with a son named Rudy and he was so ever blessed to have YOU as his loving mother.

I wrap my arms around you tonight Irma and give you a big hug, and see Rudy in the arms of our Lord and Savior.

How blessed you are from God to have dreams of Rudy. That is God's gift to you Irma!

Love in Jesus name and mine,
Patty

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Patty, and may God bless you and your wonderful family. Hugs and prayers your way, dear heart.

Irma

Irma, a beautiful eulogy. As I type I can barely see the words due to the tears flowing down my face. It touched my heart so much.
My husband and I are fighting a hard fight right now with this illness and we are holding each other tight. There is so much pain and sadness with this illness. It is truly heartbreaking. Everyone here is so kind including you Irma, please know our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.

hope.

Very touching Irma. I hope your pain will diminish in time.
AL.

Thank you hope and Al. God bless you folks!

Irma

touching eulogy

thank you for sharing...will be thinking of you and your family.

that was so sweet

I loved what you wrote about your son...thanks for sharing your story jenny

thank you very much jenny! May God bless you and your new baby! You and your little one are in my prayers, and God bless!

Irma

Dear Irma,

Beautiful words and great courage. Thanks for opening your heart to to us and sharing
your pain and love for your son Rudy.

As the anniversary of your beloved sons passing approaches, please know that you are lifted up in thoughts and prayers often. What a blessing this group of PALS and CALS has become to so many here.

I pray that you are comforted by your many wonderful memories with Rudy and by your knowledge that you were there for him his entire life. He was a very blessed boy and man to have had the love of a mother like you!

Take good care of yourself Irma.

Warm regards,
Jeanne

Thank you so much Jeanne! I have been sort of reliving the days as to when my son passed. Every day I look at the calendar, grab my journal, and compare.........................Wow! What an experience. I think back a year, and then ask myself, "How in the world did I make it this far?" A year ago today my heart was ripped open, my tears flowed 24/7, and my son was waiting for his Maker to take him Home. I had him with me a year ago. I will never forget what a great young man my son was, I have so many fond memories. Love you guys, and God bless!

Irma

dear irma

your words are very touching and your son will be proud of your courage and strength,the love you have for him and the continuing care and support you show to other pals&cals on the forum.
i have a son ,my only child and could never imagine the pain if i lost him.
you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
god bless
caroline

Irma,
The cycle of a year after the death of a loved one is such a milestone. Think of all you've experienced and learned. The pain of that first year is so very great. So many memories as we think to ourselves "A year ago he/she was with us." As a mother, you've been given the most difficult task of all: seeing your child suffer and pass on. I'm so sorry for your pain, Irma. You were such a loving mother and are truly a tower of strength always encouraging others who are suffering.
This year will be a different sort of year, but your son will always be with you and that is such a great comfort.
Take care, Irma. I wish you and your family peace and many happy discussions of memories. Memories are so precious.
All the best,
Jane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back