Diagnosis
09/2015
Country
US
State
new york
City
farmingdale
Hi has anyone used the deanna protocal? My spouse was diagnosed a month ago with als and we are thimking of going on this protocal. Does it work?

Yes, the Deanna Protocol has been discussed many times. You can use the search box to find those threads.

There are people here on it. Search for it using the menu up top.

Because it consists of many different components and most people are not doing all of it religiously for long duration, nor are their results being documented apart from self-reported FRS scores, I don't think anyone can answer "does it work?"

Because it is expensive and some of the compounds interact with diet/conditions/other supplements, the best advice is to check out any ingredient that you might be giving to a PALS, as you would any rx medicine or other treatment; not to buy anything you can't easily afford; to try things one at a time before gulping handfuls of supplements; and not to give in to false hope, which is the enemy of thoughtful inteventions. We talk about things here every day, from devices to exercise to diet, that most people who try classify as helpful, for less expense and risk.

The fact that the single multipack source for the protocol regimen ($400 per month) "donates" a portion of proceeds to the protocol's inventors speaks for itself.

Because research suggests that ALS is more heterogeneous than first thought, it is unlikely that any one semi-random cocktail of supplements will prove the optimal answer for all.

Thanks for your reply. We will talk to my partners nurse to see what she thinks. Certianally do not want to give him anythink that might be harmful.

Hi Michael,
Be very cautious. There are scores of "miracle cures" for ALS. In general the only thing that cure is an overweight wallet.
There are snake oil salesmen who are eager to fleece you.

At this time the only treatment for ALS is Riluzole.

There are however numerous thing being tried, many of which our members have experience with.
You will want to use the Search function, as Mike (Atsugi) suggested. You can also search Patients Like Me for reports from PALS and ALSUntangled for reviews.

Finally, scroll thru the ALS Research News and the ALS Drug Trials forums.

Deanna (her father developed the protocol) has never been proved to have ALS.

However, some PALS say they are happy to take it.
Very expensive and precise to adhere to so think carefully.

I take a couple of the components (GABA and AAKG) but that's about it. I try to focus more on things that are good for my remaining "healthy" muscles such as moderate exercise, ALCAR, Creatine, Alpha Lipoic Acid, B12, Ubiquinol, Fish Oil, proper hydration, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back