LukeA123

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Hi all,

Like many of you on here, I've been experiencing muscle twitching, which started around a year ago. Immediately, I started to worry as I've always been a slight hypochondriac, and have been the GP twice. The first time, in September, I didn't mention my concerns about MND, and was sent off for blood tests that came back with a mild Vit D deficiency. After a few days of thinking "could this be why?" I was able to stop thinking about it. Then in Jan 2021, I read about MND in the news, and it kick started all my anxiety again. Looking back to the time between that, the twitches did happen, but must have been less often. Eventually, I got to a point at the end of February, were I was really upset about it, and went to the GP again, who completed a neurological exam and said things like "well, powers fine" and "I'm not concerned". She referred me for some CBT about anxiety which has helped slightly, but I suppose like with many things, is up and down, and I'm writing this at a point were I'm quite down because when I look at my hands a certain way, a muscle looks a bit smaller in my left than my right (silly I know!). I do a lot of checking and things to try and reassure myself, but often just end up like I am now when I do!
Having read a few threads on here, and a lot of other stuff online, I know the chances of me having MND are immeasurably low, given my age (21), and the way I have presented. But I'm hoping, since many of you have been through this scenario before, or even going through the exact same thing right now, you might have some advice and tips for me, about how to deal with this!

Thanks in advance,

Luke

If you are wanting to talk to other twitchers please know that undiagnosed people are not allowed to post on other’s threads. For that you could try the subreddit Muscle twitches. there is also an als/Ms fear section under health anxiety on nomorepanic dot co dot uk

it sounded like that was what you are looking for rather than to discuss your chances of this being MND.

Tips:

Read here: Read Before Posting

Stay away from anything to do with MND, including a forum that exists to support those with ALS/MND as it will only serve to increase anxiety about MND.

If you feel the urge to scratch that reassurance itch, find an anxiety forum online, like No More Panic and post in their subforum dedicated to folk who worry about MND for peer support.

Please take care and best wishes as you pursue good health.

Thank you both for pointing me in the right direction!
Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back