Status
Not open for further replies.
Well….
I’m a widower. Joni passed 2 days after my last post. I fulfilled my promise to her that she would not suffer and she would not pass alone.

Joni is now pain-free and worry-free, sitting on a park bench next to her mother. At least, that’s the way Joni pictured it. I will miss her tremendously.

My family has provided very timely moral support in the last while. Joni’s daughters and family have also been very supportive. So I am well surrounded with support.
My counselor came to the house today and it seemed like many of the conversations or topics we touched on centered on one common theme: Guilt. Hmmm. I guess we need to talk more…

I am ok overall. I am sad, I get my moments. But mostly I am relieved for her, for me, for her daughters and for the rest of the family. In a way, I am glad we didn’t have to go to the end of ALS; I was ready for it however. I guess there is no use thinking what it would’ve been like; but I feel for those of you that have, and those of you that will. Courage and Strength.

I am very happy I came across this forum. You guys understood what I was going through and in some case, still do understand my new situation. I am forever grateful for your past support and feedback and look forward to your continued support. I will visit periodically and update you on MY journey. This 3-year journey with Joni has changed me for the best and has made me a better, stronger man.

“I am thankful for my struggles because without them, I wouldn’t have stumbled upon my strength.” - A.K.

My love and empathy goes out to all of you supporting, caring for or advocating for your PALS. I am sending you my love and all the strength I can.

All my Love and Gratitude,
Still, one day at a time.
Bruno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back