Status
Not open for further replies.

dana

Distinguished member
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to give you an update on my dad so you all could be praying for him and my family. Dad went into respitory failure on Tues. evening. His carbon dioxide levels were extremely high so they tried having him use a bipap. That was not working, so we had to make a decision on whether to put a ventilator in or not. If we did not put it in, he would die. We decided to have the vent put in. He had been heavily sedated, but yesterday started opening his eyes and responding to our questions. He gave us a thumbs up and peace sign, and the docs think that he is mentally all there. Probably even better than before because the carbon dioxide levels were making him very doped up, and since those are down he will be more alert and aware. He is getting a feeding tube later this afternoon. The next step more than likely will be a trach. Dad has always been able to walk around fine, but they noticed one of his feet has started to drop.

We thought we were going to lose him, and it was the scarriest moment in my life. We are all haning in there together, but I have never felt such pain and saddness in my life. My two brothers and I are taking turns spending the night in the hosiptal with him and my mom. My mom has not left his side. She is such an angel. We could use your prayers for strength, courage, and for my dad's body to heal from all the probing and surgeries. Thank you for all of your encouraging words. You all make me feel so much better with the advice that you give.
Dana

Dear Dana,
My heart is breaking for you. I can't begin to know how hard this time is for your family. I will pray for you all. Take care of your self.

Hi Dana. We are all hoping for the best for you and your family.

Dana,
I have been constantly looking for your posts worrying about your father.
My strongest wishes and support in these days of stress, hope, and wait.
Upila

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We are for you.

hope and wife.

Dana,

I am thinking of you and your family and praying that your dad will be positive and know that he will make it through this...

with love and prayer Jen

Dear Dana,
You have become such a part of this ALS family over the past months. I am praying that you and your family will be given strength at this time.
Love and hugs, Leah

Dana,

Just wanted to check in and see how your dad is doing? Thinking of you and your family....

E-mail me and let me know how YOU are doing.... Please remember in order for your dad to be ok YOU have to be ok....

Jen

Hi Dana,

Sorry to hear that your dad is not doing so well. However, he will benefit from the bipap and the feeding tube. It sounds that he already starting to rebound. I am thinking of you and your family during these stressful times. I hope that you know that my entire family is praying for you all and hope that you get your dad home from the hospital soon. He has a lot of positive reinforcement around him, so he is a very lucky man indeed! Lots of love to you all, and I am sending a great big bear hug to you especially xoxo

Love, Carol

STAY STRONG !

According to Blaylock, what they typically feed patients in a hospital is terrible. That's just from the point of view of basics of nutrition.

In addition, it's almost a certainty that the food in the hospital is loaded with MSG. Even if they swear on a stack of Bibles that there is no MSG in the food, they almost certainly don't know about hidden sources of MSG. Don't trust the food in a hospital.

Every hospital should have a sign on it: "All hope abandon ye who enter here" from Dante's "Divine Comedy".

Thanks Jerry. I will look into what they are putting into the tube today. I have another supplement source that is being sent over that is supposed to help with oxygen levels. I guess they don't normally use it in hospitals because it is pretty expensive.
Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back