02/2009
Country
US
State
wisc
City
Bonduel
Hi all,
My dad was ALS diagnosis with bulbar ALS in Feb 2009 & got his PEG and Trach 11 months later. He is now in what we believe are his final days with us. I'm frustrated that even after all this time and all the pain he has suffered, he just can't go to be with Jesus. I've been at his bedside for almost 2 weeks and have witnessed the breakdown of his body. I didn't think it could get any worse and it has. Pray for my Dad and my family. Hospice can tell us nothing (how long) because they "are not experinced in ALS". If I had a dime for everytime we've heard that one.

Jill, I am so sorry for the suffering of your dad. My prayers are for a peaceful passing for your dad, and comfort and strength for you. I'm sure you are feeling so powerless in this situation.

Blessings and hugs,
jo

Jill, you and your Father are in my prayers. I wish you both comfort. Just know that he is appreciative of your support and love. I want to record it on tape so my daughter can hear me tell her that when I can no longer talk and she is going through what you are. I wish I could do more for you.

That is a wonderful idea! I miss the sound of my Dad's voice, it's the little things that ALS takes from us that I miss the most.

Peace and comfort to you, dad, and family... I am going to pray for you all!

Dear Jill,
My heart goes out to you during this time. There are so many questions that go unanswered with this disease. Just know there is a purpose for every breath we're given. I encourage you to find your peace in hope surrendered rather than hope fulfilled. You are not alone in this battle. May God comfort you in your sorrow.

Jill, Thank you for being there for your dad during this time and thank you for all that you've done and continue to do. You are making a world of difference for him!

Dear Jill,
Courage dear heart. It's so hard to be present to the final breakdown of the body but you are doing such an important thing. You are with him. When my mother was dying I was amazed at how long it takes for the body to shut down even after some vital organs have stopped. I wondered when the end would ever come...

If you can at all do something to release the frustration & pain & then keep right on holding him, talking to him, loving him.

Sending warm thoughts & prayers your way.
Avril

Thinking of you and your family, Jill.

My prayers go out for your You your Dad, and all his loved ones. May you find Peace on your journey. ((HUG))

God bless you, how long has it been since your dad was able to tloerate a feeding? And what is his urinary output for the last 12-24 hours? That is usually a key indicator that no one wants to bring up. So sorry for what you are going through.

Jill, you are at the top of my mind this afternoon. I was with my little 93 year old mom as she died, alternately holding her hand, crying, singing hymns, laughing and sharing stories with my husband and son throughout the evening. As hard as it was to watch her go, it was also a privilege to be by her side as she took her last breath. I hope you can feel peace as you say goodbye to your dad.

Thanks for sharing this most important thread.

Awe. May you continue to find strength during this difficult time. Hugs

Thank you all for your kind words. Dad passed away on July 17th. Very peaceful end, no struggles, he just grabbed Jesus's hand and left. His pain is gone, he been set free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back