Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
09/2020
Country
US
State
PA
My dad passed away suddenly last Thursday evening, one year and four months after being diagnosed with ALS. He was exactly two weeks shy of his 68th birthday. Dad was never confined to a wheelchair, never had a bi-pap, never had a feeding tube, and fought this horrible beast with all the German stubbornness he had. Dad was doing volunteer work for the American Red Cross up until just a few days before he passed, even while dealing with this illness.

I am so proud of my father, and I love him and miss him so much already. And I hate this stupid disease. I'm angry. There's not a minute that's gone by since he passed that I haven't been consumed by thoughts of Dad and everything he went through over the past sixteen months (more, if you count before the official diagnosis). My brain just won't let me rest.

Thankfully, Dad is in a better place, enjoying his passions again (bicycle riding, long walks) and I take some comfort in that knowledge.

My family is gutted. He was such an amazing, funny, witty, wonderful man and father. We will miss him terribly.

I am so very sorry. Such a shock.

He was clearly a wonderful and special man. ALS is terribly cruel and seems to take the best so often

Wishing you healing

I'm very sorry. The world is better for his having helped so many. Wish your family much peace and strength.

--Laurie

I'm sorry for your loss. The love you have for him shines through in your words. Wishing you comfort and peace.

V

So sorry for you loss. My thoughts are with you and your family. May you find peace and comfort.

So sorry to hear this sad news. May you and your family continue to be proud of the way your father handled this devastating disease and find comfort in your memories.

Condolences for your loss. He sounds like an amazing man and father. Wishing you comfort and peace.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back