• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Friends, With great sadness I want to share with you that my dad who had been living with ALS for 3.5 painful years has finally lost his battle 3 days ago.
It was a very long and difficult last 3 years. I remember every stage of his progression from normal to comatose over 3 years. We have given him all kind of supportive care, be it vent, feeding tube, hospice etc. It did extend his company with us and we are very thankful for that. Unfortunately, the artificial means to keep him alive did cause severe deteroitaion in overall condition, bedsores, infections, septicemia to name a few. In the end he was reduced to total vegititive state, whichwould have been very painful if his mind was indeed working till the end. In the end, it was the infections that got him.
Anyways, I thank him for enduring all the suffering to give us his company. The more he suffered the more my love grew for him. He had endured this for so long that he had us all mentally prepared for what was coming. I thank him for making it easier for us. I really pray for him to rest in peace. May God rest him in peace and may God help us find a cure for ALS soon, so nobody has to go through again what dad went through.

It was almost 3 years ago that I first same om this forum when my dad was diagnosed and I can't thank enough the support and guidance I got from all the fine people here. Good luck to all of you and God bless

Girish

Girish

I am sorry to hear of your loss. It is a blessing that he is now at peace and free from pain.

Girish,

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your father. I'm sure he appreciated all you did for him and how you made his last years more comfortable.
Blessings on you!

I am sorry for your loss. Your Dad is with the Angels where there is no pain, no tears or fears.

My sympathies are with you - he is in a better place now and I hope you have the support to help you through your grief

Kind regards

Flowerpot

So very sorry for your loss.

God Bless you and your family. All your love and support brought him great comfort, I am quite sure. He is at peace.

Sincerely,

Connie

My condolences to you and your family.

My sincere sympathy to you and your family. May you be blessed with wonderful memories of your dad,
God bless,
brenda

I too am sorry for your loss.

AL.

I am so sorry for you loss. Your Dad sounds like he was very couragous, may he rest in peace.
In friendship
Jeannie

We're so sorry to hear. May you be comforted with precious memories and the fact that the worst is over. Marjorie and Rick

Girish, may God be with you, and may your dear Dad rest in peace!

Irma

Girish,

I'm very sorry you lost your father. May he rest in peace.

I am sorry for your loss.
May God bless you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back