Reason
Loved one DX
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
I was wondering if anyone can suggest what to do, my father is having a hard time breathing when he goes to bed, and last night he couldn't sleep at all.
Thanks

Has he had his breathing tested? He may need a Bipap. In the meantime sleeping on the side or use more pillows on his back might help.
AL.

Hello

I got a Bipap last August and after getting used to wearing it at night I sleep very well
Take care Rob

Thanks Rob, I'll let my Dad know tonight when I see him, is your BiPAP a mask or does it attach to your nose?
Thanks
Doug

Until you get the bipap, prop him up. Getting a hospital bed made a big difference with mom and we could easily adjust it depending on what she was doing.

The neurologist told us when she was first diagnosed that it was normal for breathing to be 20% lower when lying flat than when sitting up. As breathing becomes harder, that 20% probably makes a big difference!

breathing problem

i echo the prop up in bed as it opens airway better. i am on ventilator and i still sleep propped up. look into seeing respirologist soon.

I have the mask with te nasal pillows, I dont have any trouble keeping my mouth closed at night so this works well for me. also mine has a humidifier which keeps the air from drying out my mouth and throat Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back