Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Sandy Springs
Other than Ed Johnson's post on 12/16/12, is there any other info on Cytokinetics next ALS Clinical Trial? ?

I believe it is enrolling people now. I start this week

Frank, check out the "recruiting Trials" section of the NEALS (NorthEast ALS Consortium ) website. They have info on the Trial, inclusion and exclusion criteria, as well as the various locations where it is being conducted.

Thanks, just the info I need !

we haave an appt at IU med center in Indianapolis to get my husband enrolled tomorrow. I will let everyone know how it goes. I think he will meet thre criteria.

Thanks. I have been looking for the inclusion/exclusion criteria.

I was at the ALS clinic yesterday (for the 1st time as I was just diagnosed), and I was approached for this trial. One of the criteria was for hand strength to be below 40lbs. I didn not qualify (not sure if good or bad LOL) 84 lbs in left hand, 56 lbs in right...

Actually just reading the criteria for this trial:

"Diminished but measurable maximum voluntary grip strength in at least one hand; i.e., between 10 and 40 pounds (females) and 10 and 60 pounds (males) "

So I should qualify, I am calling the research coordinator on Monday to see if I can get in!

previous post, new people. was in phase II part a started lh 11lbs rh 43lbs, finished lh 19lbs rh 51.5lbs lost it all plus, now lh 3lbs rh 31lbs it appears to work but only temporary. would you maintan strenght over the long haul ?

Pear shoot - did you lose your strength quickly after completion of the trial or just 're-lost' it on the same progression path you had been on previous to the trial?

same progression path best i can tell. missed clinic this month due to fall and broken ribs so don,t know present strength but don't think its much different. blessed with slow progression

Just got the word I was approved for the IIb trial, visit 0 starts next week Feb 20th, will let you know how it goes...

Hi Everyone! I started this trial two weeks ago in Texas ,will keep you updated on my progress. I may have the drug or a placebo....

Igantert05 check the CDC site or NEALS for train info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back