Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
MI
City
Madison Heights
Good morning everyone. I went in to my local CVS pharmacy yesterday, and they asked me if I would like to donate $1.00 to help fight Lou Gehrig's disease. I don't know if this is just something my local CVS is doing, or if this is something all CVS pharmacies are doing this week, but just wanted to let you all know. They said they do this every 8 months. I think it's fantastic and urge you all to shop at your local CVS stores if this is something they are doing.

CVS Pharmacy has been doing this annually since 2002 right across the USA and have raised a bundle for ALS. In addition to the money raised it must be the single biggest effort to raise public awareness. I believe the latter is the single biggest obstacle to our getting major funding for research. Someone cited MADD as an example which raises far more money to fight drunk driving than any ALS organization raises and yet the number of people killed annually by drunks is about the same as the number who die from ALS.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070530/new079.html?.v=6

CVS Fund Raising

I posted an article under ALS/MND research, if you would like to read more on CVS Fundraising. They have raised over $8 Million for ALS Research since 2002.

Lorie

Hi Lorie

Hi there,I usually keep up with MSNBC news , thank you for posting the link. We need to convince Pres. Bush how important this is. He needs to see and know what ALS is. I've also contacted our local Legislators. We were suppose to meet with them in Trenton a few months ago but it was postponed! (New Jersey) We as a family are fighting too. Can't give up HOPE! You sound like a fighter too. My Best to you, Beebe

To Beebe

Your are exactly right, we have to make them here us. They haven't heard the last of me yet! I have a lot of good resources. If you ever need info you don't have, let me know.

WE HAVE A FIGHT ON OUR HANDS, WE ARE GOING TO WIN! I AM DEDICATED TO ALL, IN
TIMOTHY'S NAME AND MINE.

WE ARE WINNERS!

STAY POSITIVE!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back