Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Hamilton
Why is it that certain people have a slow progression with ALS? Have any studies gone into this and came up with any clues ?There are so many unanswered questions related to this disease, it's baffling. Couldn't they find some sort of connection between the people who live longer with the disease in terms of drug therapies (maybe this is stretching it)? Maybe there are completely different strains of the disease? Could it be related to age, sex or body type (or all of the above)?
I'm just really curious. A new friend of mine told me that her Aunt has had ALS for 8 years now. Though she has lost almost all mobility, she is still able to communicate, and looks to have some years left in her. Makes me wonder.
this has probably been discussed a million times on this thread, so sorry for the rehash.

this was itching me, thought I'd share it? Hope I ain't annoyin'!

Unfortunately there are no answers to the questions you asked. No one knows. The only thing I have noticed is the long time survivors have a very positive attitude.

The only thing I have noticed is the long time survivors have a very positive attitude.

I believe it, joelc. It really goes a long way. So many positive people on this forum. I love this forum. Well, I hate why this forum is in existence, but I surely love the people on it, that's for sure. I thought my life could get tough, then I came on here...and such positivity. It's a wonderful thing.

There's some talk about a ketogenic diet and generally being a bit of a fatty slowing the progression... i read it over at the als. net boards but didn't really understand the science behind it all... something about lipids...

I wonder the same things too. How unfair that this disease doesn't have an origin. It would offer some comfort at least to know when/where/why this all is happening.

Pray for long life!

Well sometimes it's due to eanly onset. However positive attitude helps quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back