00/0000
Country
US
State
KS
City
Wichita
Hello,

First, thank you all for any wisdom and advice you can provide.

I'm a 26-year-old female who has been experiencing muscle spasms throughout my body for the past several months.
This includes my mouth, face, tongue, glutes, thighs, upper arms, and now my hand.

I do feel a little weak, but I don't know if it's clinical weakness. My right leg, from the calf down, started feeling very odd last week. I even went to the emergency room because I thought maybe it could be a blood clot, but they said it wasn't. Since then, that part of my leg has felt very weak. I started feeling spasms in that foot and leg recently.

Additionally, my right hand has quite a bit of muscle pain and weakness suddenly. I don't know if it's because of how I hold my phone, or something more serious. This hand has also begun to have spasms.

I have been very fatigued lately. I have also lost weight recently, but I think that could be related to a recent bacterial infection from which I have recovered. I don't know.

I have had blood tests (which show no nutrition deficiencies), and an MRI which is clear. My doctor has referred me to a neurologist who hasn't called yet.

Does this sound like it could reflect ALS symptoms?

Thanks again.

No, it does not. I would expect the neuro exam to be reassuring. As you will have read in the stickies, widespread twitching is not associated with ALS onset.

Not knowing what infection you had, I can only comment generally that untreated infections and the antibiotics that ultimately treat them can both be associated with the kinds of feelings that you describe.

If the neuro exam is clear, it could be a good time to focus on nutrition, hydration, stress, sleep and positioning. And maybe sometimes a phone stand and putting your phone on speaker.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you Laurie ❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back