Diagnosis
11/2016
Country
us
State
sd
City
sioux falls
I seem to have a coating on my teeth, I want to brush frequently.Is this also a part of ALS?

Hi Marilyn can you tell us a little more?

Do you have bulbar issues?
Are you on bibap?
What medications?
Are you eating normal diet or puree?
How much water are you drinking daily?

How often are you brushing?

I find using an electric toothbrush (if you can tolerate it) gets my teeth much cleaner. I also floss and use a tongue scraper but that might not be possible if you have a strong gag reflex or have bulbar issues.

I have dry mouth from Remeron. I drink water all day long.

I find crest prohealth toothpaste does a pretty thorough job with my sonicare toothbrush. I am neurotic about flossing... I use the little floss sticks as I can't handle regular dental floss anymore. When I used to travel internationally, I would also brush my teeth with Listerine not trusting the water in the hotels.

I find crest prohealth toothpaste does a pretty thorough job with my sonicare toothbrush. I am neurotic about flossing... I use the little floss sticks as I can't handle regular dental floss anymore. When I used to travel internationally, I would also brush my teeth with Listerine not trusting the water in the hotels.

I use the same toothpaste and toothbrush! I had sensitive teeth until I started using Prohealth toothpaste and that cured it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back