AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience and to help support our community please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

Crud on my teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

marilyn hoffman

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
11/2016
Country
us
State
sd
I seem to have a coating on my teeth, I want to brush frequently.Is this also a part of ALS?

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
home
Hi Marilyn can you tell us a little more?

Do you have bulbar issues?
Are you on bibap?
What medications?
Are you eating normal diet or puree?
How much water are you drinking daily?

How often are you brushing?

KimT

Forum Supporter
Extremely helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
I find using an electric toothbrush (if you can tolerate it) gets my teeth much cleaner. I also floss and use a tongue scraper but that might not be possible if you have a strong gag reflex or have bulbar issues.

I have dry mouth from Remeron. I drink water all day long.

KW1234

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
10/2016
Country
US
State
OR
I find crest prohealth toothpaste does a pretty thorough job with my sonicare toothbrush. I am neurotic about flossing... I use the little floss sticks as I can't handle regular dental floss anymore. When I used to travel internationally, I would also brush my teeth with Listerine not trusting the water in the hotels.

KimT

Forum Supporter
Extremely helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
I find crest prohealth toothpaste does a pretty thorough job with my sonicare toothbrush. I am neurotic about flossing... I use the little floss sticks as I can't handle regular dental floss anymore. When I used to travel internationally, I would also brush my teeth with Listerine not trusting the water in the hotels.
I use the same toothpaste and toothbrush! I had sensitive teeth until I started using Prohealth toothpaste and that cured it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock