Diagnosis
02/2010
Country
US
State
mo
City
nixa
creatine is a supplement frequently tested for als. I have been taking it since day one. I did phase II, part a of ck-357. was very successful for me, but thinking back I was doing 10-15 grams of creatine everyday. maybe it was the combination of the two that provided the increase. that was never discussed. I have yet to see any positive results for phase II part b. ANYONE

I only take 4G of creatine but also haven't seen any glowing reports from the ck trial?

How does creatine relate to ALS? My blood work came back with normal levels of creatine. Should I ask my doctor about it?

creatine is a supplement body builders use before and after strength exercise to rebuilt muscles. have used monohydrate creatine since day one. it has been tested at least 3 times in als drug trials. PALS in AR has been using it 6 years and she is in year 14. does it work for sure, no way of knowing. all 4 limbs weak, no bulbar and I still walk, talk, eat, breath on my own, use walker outside. please volunteer for drug trial, ck-357 is still open connect original post to this. don't expect support from your doctor for creatine

As posted earlier by pearshoot, creatine is a supplement available from stores such as GNC.

Creatine and other supplements such as L-Arginine are often used by body builders, and are used by PALS to improve blood flow to muscles and improve strength.

Your blood work reported on levels of Creatinine (note spelling) or possibly CREATINE KINASE (aka CK), which is wholly different from the supplement.

GregK are you familiar with past ALS creatine drug trials? in mar/2011 I volunteered for creatine trial but had to be off creatine 30 days. tenth day was worst day since being diagnosed, fell off the wagon, notified clinic no way, started back and 3 days later back to old self. myself, I operate outside the box (Eastern Medicine)

GregK are you familiar with past ALS creatine drug trials?
... tenth day was worst day since being diagnosed, fell off the wagon

No, not familiar.
How much creatine were/are you taking...?

I'm taking ~3g mornings.

Eastern Medicine is vitimins, supplements, homeopathic medicine, and tea. all natural, no chemically produced medicine with side effects (some serious) been doing it since day one. does it work, can't prove or disprove. it offers hope, western medicine offers nothing. I mix in 10-15 grams monohydrate creatine in my daily health drink. I have locked into 9 supplements each day, over last almost four years have used 30-40 different supplements to get my body healthy. these were determined by bio-meridian and zyto testing. bio-meridian.com zyto.com

How is your progress? Is it slower than you had expected?

@pearshoot

I would be really interested to know what homeopathic remedies you have used and any success/benefit you feel you have gained?

My PALS is on Plumbum for nearly 2 weeks, we feel it is maybe actually increasing his saliva which is already overactive, but have been giving it a little longer and will then discuss with our practitioner.

positive symptoms april 09 first neuro dec 09 said I suspect ALS, Neuros 3 and 4 said sorry you have ALS Feb 2010. I started eastern medicine in jan 2010. still able to walk, talk, eat, breath on my own, no bulbar issues, FVC still in upper 80's, caregiver must help with some functions, 0 lbs grip left hand, 10 lbs right hand. able to get in and out of bed, turn over and adjust covers. homeopathic medicine early to eliminate toxins and heavy metals. can benefits be proven, NO but of the 13 support group PALS that have passed away since joining 12 were diagnosed after I was. I remain very positive, 77 years old, 20 year vet of the cold war, two tours in VN, thanks agent orange. strong believer environment can cause ALS, air we breath, water we drink and food we eat. ENOUH SAID THIS TRIP

Can you publish a diet, supplement, etc of what you are doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back