Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Tx
City
Houston
I am a 35 yo male. Starting monday i Had weak legs in the morning and numbness in left arm. usually subsided by afternoon. Went to dr Tuesday afternoon but by then felt better. Went back Thursday morning. Calves feel weak and have some twitching. No problem walking Had MRI Friday morning and will get results Monday morning. I did bad and got on google. ALS is all I can think about.

Anyone have thoughts? Appreciate the brave souls on this forum.

Re: Crazy week

ALS doesn't come and go if you have it stays. I wouldn't worry until the doctor tells you something is seriously wrong.

Al

ALS doesn't start as you have described. Have a chat with your primary care physician and stop being a sucker for Dr. G--gle.

The weak spot you need to be concerned about is between your ears.

I can walk around. Legs just feel a little rubbery. Arm is normal. Twitching now is everywhere but not constant. Even in legs it comes and goes. Weakness always is there. I feel week like I do when you get over the flu.

Trfogery- thanks for the hopeful dose of reality. How does ALS start then? Reading online is so vague. Everything is a warning sign. I didn't google looking for als, I wanted to find some stretches or something for my weak legs.

Thanks for the reality check trfogery. I should have never gotten on google. It's just something isn't right and the tension is driving me nuts.

Anchor,

I'm not sure why you dropped it here and jumped ship, but if you had read the stickies first, you would not need to have posted.

As you have already been told by 2 of the best, that it doesn't look like ALS, I will make it 3 no's.

You're best bet is to start back at tbe doctors and let him figure out what is wrong. Thats what he went to school for and that's why you pay him the big bucks. And for goodness sake, please stop using doc tor go og le, he can be a bit of a quack.

Good luck to you,

On a side note: Is there any way we can petition these me di cal web sites to rephrase the symp toms list? I don't think its too much to ask. A girl can dream can't she?

@Toto: i agree :D i share that dream!

@Anchor.bolt don't worry! Wait 4 MRI results, there are 100's of better causes! Probably an obstruction of a nerve or maybe just fatigue? No way you can get diagnosed on this forum ;) Now take a deep breathe and relax, this sounds like something temporarily which can be fixed! Never ever think "Dr. G" can diagnose you and/or answer questions ;) Now go have a good time and i wish you luck Monday, i'm sure your problem will be solved!

Anja

First as others have said allow your Dr. to diagnose you and stay off of the internet.

Second I agree with you ToTo it is amazing how quickly people start freaking out that they have this rare disease. I wish they could make it more difficult for Dr. G--gle to spit out ALS as a possibility. Save these people some panic and anxiety.

On a side note: Is there any way we can petition these me di cal web sites to rephrase the symp toms list? I don't think its too much to ask. A girl can dream can't she?

Not all sites are a problem.

Mayo Clinic
John Hopkins
NIH
ALS org
Duke

Just to name a few.

Unfortunately, Jlrnl, that's not what people go og le.

What might help is for a member to have to answer a 100 point questionnaire about ALS facts to some predetermined level of accuracy before they can post in Do I Have ALS at all.

I like that a lot Kiwi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back