Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Welland
I posted a thread a few days ago but got no replys. Maybe i just gave too much details.
This past weekend I have had a steady twitch in my left groin area. However, it is never visible to the eye. After helping my daughter move i was twitching in other areas but for just a few seconds. I have difficulty staying on my feet for long periods without burning. It was a difficult night sleep with some legs and slight buring in legs and arms. Also heart was racing for about a half hour. Left arm is tingling today.

Should I be worried if I have had no perceived muscle weakness or can you get twitching first than followed by muscle weakness.

Please feel free to tell me I am over reacting until I see the neuroligist and tell me not to be wasting your valuable time.

Abbygirl

Sounds like you might need an Emergency Room, my father-in-law suffered from similar symptoms and he had a heart attack.

thanks for the advice. second time in the past month i have felt heart that way and physical excersion.

any adivice on wether any symptoms might indicate als?

Start with a visit to Emergency or your family doctor to get some tests done. It will put your mind at ease if they test you and don't find anything.

Hi, Abby ... the tingling and burning sensations in your feet and legs should be evaluated by a neuro, I think, although they don't sound to me like ALS ... but I know nothing about medical issues except what I have experienced and read about on this forum and others. There are tons of other things they could be. It sounds like you will be seeing a neuro soon, so he/she can give you good feedback.

But as others on the forum said, don't take chances with anything that might be heart-related. Any time I get odd sensations in my left arm, I think of heart problems, as I had a heart attack (in '94) but experienced no pain during it. Just nausea, feeling faint, and a numb left arm. I did not have a racing heart beat, but that doesn't mean a thing. Symptoms can vary a lot. This is not something that should be ignored.

If you feel that you may be experiencing a heart problem, chew up an aspirin (unless it is contraindicated for some reason), and get medical attention.

Good luck
BethU

Again thanks for the advice.
I am waiting to see a neuroligist here in Canada. It takes four months just to get in and see a good one.
I am trying to get an appointment with the Cleveland Clinic. They are one of the best in the world for my type symtoms.
Had every internal test available. Nothing shows.
Currently on Lryica for the heat and tingling. Seems to work.
Now the twitches come and only add to the worries!

Abbygirl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back