Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Welland
In your response to my previous thread - Crazy Symptoms Update - you suggested I might have small fiber neurapothy. If I did, is it possible to have muscle twitching and muscle weakness with the neurapothy? I visited my GP on Friday and my relexes are now only at 75%. Is that considered weakness? Muscle twitching is in arms, legs, toes, and more noticable after walking. My doctor hopes it is a side effect of the Lyrica which I have stopped taking.

Your comments are always appreciated.

Abbygirl:confused:

You might have some type of general neuropathy that is affecting many different types of nerves, including the small diameter fibers. A small fiber neuropathy will not cause muscle weakness but will instead cause sensory symptoms like you describe. Neuropathy of motor nerves will cause muscle weakness, which you might or might not have.

Reflexes have absolutely nothing to do with muscle strength, so your diminished reflexes are not a measure of weakness. Those diminished reflexes, by the way, point toward a neuropathy.

Listen, your symptoms . . . how they started . . . how they have progressed . . . don't sound a thing like ALS.

Relax and let your neuro or other docs figure out what is happening with you.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I have been a basket case. I know I have anxiety, not eating, and lossing weight. Heading to the Cleveland Clinic this Sunday for a Monday appointment. Not sure what tests they will do.

You really know your medical stuff. Are you in the medical field?

Thanks

If you don't mind I will keep you appraised.

Abbygirl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back