Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Louisiana
City
Carencro
What's the best stuff to use, i've got horrible cramps.

I've read about quinine, it's not really avail. in the US or Canada. I have a friend in the UK i can get it from, but is there anything else out there that works?

I don't like the side effects quinine can cause.....

thx,

Jamie

Hi Guys, In addition to baclofen, try Vit. E. We used 400UI in tha am and pm. This seemed to help Henry a lot. Good luck.

Carol D. Stay Strong

cramps

Jamiet said:
What's the best stuff to use, i've got horrible cramps.

I've read about quinine, it's not really avail. in the US or Canada. I have a friend in the UK i can get it from, but is there anything else out there that works?

I don't like the side effects quinine can cause.....

thx,

Jamie

HI Jamie, hope you got my answer to you! I am a little backward about some of the how to do's on this forum. as to cramps I am not sure what it means( is that the same as I call spasms), I have not found anything to help on that, just to force myself to relax as much as possible. All the best to you. EM

cramps

annmarie said:
Jamie,
I use the prescription baclofen, it helps, I get cramps often just like you, try it maybe you will have some relief. Annmarie

Hi Annmarie I hope you recieved my answer to you! I am a Little naive on some of the things to do on this forum. I will figure it out eventually. I have been on bacofen at the beginning of this disease then the Doc. took me off it. Don't remember why. Have a good day. EM

Hi Edna Mae- are you trying to send a personal message? Start a new thread? Whatever it is we can save you hours of poking around. Just let us know and one of us will gladly point you in the right direction. Cindy

Hi Jamie , I also have feet and calf cramps. A cramp hurts but spasms are uncomfortable and a bother. I use baclofen and ativan, those two together have worked for me. Hope this will help you....

Jamie. I have no problem getting Quinine up here in Canada. The side effects if any haven't bothered me and I probably qon't get Malaria either. I use Baclofen as well.
AL.

Quinine is my most favorite drug in the whole world. The only side effect I experience is a bad taste in my mouth. That after taste is one of the reasons I was never a fan of gin and tonic.:-D But I've been known to accept one here and there if offered...Cindy

Jamie, I can confirm with Al - I just got a prescription for Quinine from the neurologist at the ALS Clinic - so far it is not a problem in Canada. I look forward to starting on it. The only other thing I find helps is Ibuprophen.

hi everybody,
i use MEXITILENE since 2004. 100mg before sleep and no more cramps

i hope it help you

Now cindy....

YOu sure you not just sipping that ole gin and covering it with quinine....:lol:

just joking....lol

thanks for the advise ya'll. I'm gonna try to get some.

Rgds,

Jamie

Dear all,
I've been on baclofen & tazanadine but started getting achiles tendon cramps. They stopped with my very first quinine pill....I could be a spokesperson for the drug. No side-effects either (probably a good thing - dont like gin!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back