Cramps, twitches and clonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have a question regarding spasticity, which I hope somebody may be able to answer. The tightness in my leg has continued, but seems to come and go throughout the day and move around my leg. For instance it may feel like a tightness in my calf, but then that will subside and then my hamstring feels tight, then the thigh etc. it doesn’t seem to affect me during sleep, but does when sat in a static position or walking. Am I describing anything like spasticity, in something that comes and goes in waves? Apologies to reach out here, but I can’t seem to find any clear definition of this issue via any other means.

Regards

Hi Ricky-

We won't speculate on things like feelings of tightness. Only a doctor can assess the myriad indicators of spasticity. It is not a feeling tightness or stiffness but particular muscle response to stimuli. It can sometimes cause issues with stiffness, but this is not something we can describe to you.

Please let us know how your appointment goes. Til then, posting here will not provide you more helpful information about your particular concerns- we've really provided you as much as we are able.

Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back