Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
NY
City
Dumfries
Hi there everyone, thank you so much to all who give up their time to answer questions on this thread. I have read the post at the top and notice that cramps are not included. I have had cramp in right leg and thigh now for over 2 months (not all the time) then started to get twitching in calf and then thigh. did the usual looking for cramp and twitch on google and hey presto what come up! I wasn't concerned as I know that weakness is primary but then read loads of things that stated cramp is an initial early symptom!! any advice? thank you all

Cramps are non specific as are twitches. Did Dr Google also tell you about cramp fasciculation syndrome which is benign?

best advice ? See your doctor

while you wait make sure you are eating properly and are well hydrated

good luck

Thanks Nikki for your reply much appreciated xx

Good afternoon everyone, just to say after the leg cramps since july and now the twitching in only one leg, I got myself into a huge mess by reading too much info and focusing on this to the detrement of all around me. I couldn't see myself doing it and I feel awful. I have been to the GP who gave me a full body check and looked at my muscle bulk. Also checked for any weakness.. all ok and also reflexes ok and the Babinski test … fine. Also checked my balance . Still very anxious and just wanted to post this for others who find themselves here when we really shouldn't be , looking for reassurance x

my anxiety is making it very difficult for me to function as I have almost convinced myself thst this is what I have got. I am so sorry to post on here and take up your time, my twitching and cramping is constant now and I am beside myself with worry. I have seen the GP and I don't really know where to turn. I feel I am putting my family through hell as they are concerned about my mental health as this is out of character for me can anyone advise if they know of this as an intital symptom its been getting worse for a few months now any help would be so appreciated sorry

Alfairnie,

The advice we give to people who are experiencing overwhelming anxiety about their health is to seek help with that anxiety. Regardless of your physical symptoms, it is important to pay attention to the issues that are preventing you from living your life- which appears to be a ferocious case of anxiety about ALS. Despite not really reporting anything that would indicate you have ALS, the fear of it is taking over your life. While you search for a reason for your cramps, also get some support for your anxiety. The folk here are not really equipped to help with that, nor is that this forum's purpose. There are some great anxiety forums out there- NoMorePanic, AnxietyCommunity and AnxietyCentral all have really excellent resources.

All the best

Thank you I realise I am anxious, I forgot to mention that the GP did a full clincal exam and tested all reflexes and Babinski and did not see anything that she felt needed referral to Neuro . thanks to all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back