Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
the past 2 days i have had a persistant cramp in my left calf muscle, is it normal for cramp to go on for hours at a time? also the clonus/abnormal movement in the left lower leg has been worse at the same time,is this related ? it seems so. i do have some loss of contraction/hypotonicity in my left lower leg.
thankyou
caroline:)

Caroline

Sometimes, expecially in my Lower Back and Left Calf. I cramp alot and for periods of time. Yesterday and Today. All day in Lower Back. I take Zanaflex and Klonopin. Seems to help. This is just my on experience. I am sure somebody on here will tell you if they think it is right or not, or possible!

Lorie

olly,

I also will have this every so often. Sometimes cramping can last a week or longer before it will ease off. It will affect both calf muscles but my right side is always worse.
I find it very hard to drive during these times because clonus in feet is very bad.
Roger

Can you get some Quinine or Baclofen? They both help for cramps.
AL.

LIke i said before The Cramps Cocktail will help .You have to try it first, before it can help Tonic water has Quinine in it ,Problably cheaper . Geo

Does tonic water work as good as balcofen?

You have to drink a pile of it depending on how bad the cramps are. Didn't work for me.
AL.

That's exactly what my doc says. I take it in pills. They are cheap and in some places sold over the counter.

Re cramping

I had persistent leg cramps, Baklofen fixed them, tried a few other meds for cramp and muscle spasms, side effects were worse than the problem. Has anyone found anything that helps spasms (involuntary contraction/extension of the legs?)

Determined.

I am determined to live each day to the full!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back