Reason
Other
Country
US
State
MI
City
z
I have been twitching 6+months. I have no weakness and negative neuro exam.. I twitch all over--pretty constant in both arches and calves. I had some cramping in my feet several months ago. Then the cramping stopped. My feet seem to have started cramping again--not during sleep, but when you point your toes. WIth ALS does cramping start and stop or does it just continue and progress?

I'm really sorry to hear that you are still dealing with these problems. Annmarie is right, though, after six months it is a really good sign you don't see any weakness or atrophy. It is good, too that you don't get the cramping when you are sleeping. It does sound like something is irritating your muscles. Have you had a full workup...potassium, magnesium, all that stuff? I know the twitching itself can drive a person crazy and give the feeling that something is wrong. Have you given the neuro vitamin regimen a try? That really calmed my twitching. I take B complex, B12, B6, calcium, E, CQ10. I would check in with a neuro just to be sure. Good luck~Leslie

Thanks for your responses.
Leslie,
I have had a blood workup, but they did not check Magnesium. I took Mag for 1 month and my cramping did stop ,but the twitching continued. I think I will try the other vitamins, too. I also notice that the twitching increases about 1 week before my period and continues through the first few days--maybe it has some hormonal influence. I am 44, so hormones may be shifting some. If I am busy they don't seem to borther me as much either--stress def. makes trhey worse and you become much more aware. I noticed my husbands feet and calves twitch continually, too. He does noe feel them and pays no attention to them. I wish I could.:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back