Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
i get cramps on and off,i woke up during the night one night last week with severe cramp in my left calf that brought tears to my eyes:-(
however this morning i woke up with severe cramp in my left calf that wont go away.
if i put my foot down and put pressure on my lower leg it feels worse.
it feels like a permanant knot there.
anyone experienced cramp like this?
i know its not spasms,they effect the whole of my legs not just the calf and feel different.
i do have hypotonia/loss of contraction in that lower leg plus atrophy of that foot.
thanks for any replys:)

Hi caroline- I get cramps like that all over my body. The ALS doc recommended quinine pills. They really work. I was about to give up driving, since I could not unlock my legs to operate the brake.

The doc said I could dring tonic water (without the gin, yuck! :lol:) but he said I'd have to drink gallons a day and the pills are more effective.

Caroline, I am sorry you are experiencing this! I have experienced cramping that I could not wiggle out of by extending foot or standing or anything really. They were awful. They would last for minutes at a time-like a contraction giving birth. Then they would start up again, again just like a contraction during labor. And when over where they were felt bruised, as if I had been beaten there. The only thing that I found that helped was to literally not move for a while; I know that doesn't help.

Lydia

when I used to get cramps like that I would have to stand about a foot away from the wall and lean on it gently stretching the calf until the cramp went away. After starting Baclofen and Quinine I didn't get them anymore.

AL.

thankyou for your replys.
its 6pm here now and the cramp is still there and wont let up:-(
i took extra baclofen this morning but has not worked,tried massaging my calf,even tried my sons back muscle cream.
its not on /off cramping but a permanant (stuck) cramp like a big knot.
i dont like tonic water,way too bitter.
oh well, see how it is tomorrow.

hi al,i tried stretching as that helps with the spasms but in this case it makes it worse.
i can not stand or put pressure on that lower leg at all today.
i can not understand it,only that i must have had cramp during the night and not woken up so the calf was cramping in one position and its left a almighty knot there.
thankyou.

Hey yall! New guy here...I get cramps under my chin, and in my neck. They hurt something terrible! Zannaflex helps me a lot!

Hey Phil. Make yourself at home.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back