Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
City
London
Hey guys!
Three days ago I noticed a cracking sound coming from my throat every time I swallow. I can hear it in my ears but feel it deeper in my throat. Since then I’ve also found it harder to swallow. There’s no problem with drinking water fast but when I swallow my saliva or eat I hear this cracking sound. Did some google research and read that the cracking sound can come from muscle weakness/atrophy inside the throat as seen in a MND. I’m really anxious now and spent the past two days worrying about me having bulbar ALS.

appreciate the time and answers!

Hi lion,

Can you read here please: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms

The first place to go if you are worried about your health is to an actual physician. Worrying about a terminal disease because you hear a new sound when you swallow is definitely unfortunate and not at all a reasonable first step. There are many reasons for swallowing issues- ALS would be the least likely and would only be a concern if accompanied by other signature symptoms that you do not report. Please visit with a doctor for reassurance and answers.

Leading candidates include GERD, environmental allergies, food allergy, sinus infection, ear infection, salivary gland issue, Eustachian tube dysfunction. Me, I would see an ENT.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back