Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Sandy Springs
I am sick of our inability to control Covid19. Just saw this tidbit that reflects my personal sentiments:

Appropriate analogy: "The curve is flattening so we can start lifting restrictions now" = "The parachute has slowed our rate of descent, so we can take of our parachute.

That is a perfect analogy. It is infuriating to hear people say their freedom is being infringed upon when asked to think about how their behaviour endangers others.

So much is unknown at this point. People are very confused and lots of misleading information is being passed out in social media by Russian bots to polarize Americans in the lead up to Nov 2020. It’s distressing to think I may not survive long enough for a vaccine to be developed and chances to see extended family improve.

My dismay is when the second wave rolls in the deaths will just be... acceptable.

In some states it's almost that way now. We have the best politicians money can
buy, most are very wealthy in their own right, if not millionaires, who have little
concern for the poor, those with compromising health conditions and the elderly.

I hope the poor, compromised and elderly VOTE. And... all the way down their ballot.

I really hope everyone in Kentucky that can read and has a brain... VOTES.

A certain and current Senator from Kentucky in 1971 was just a lawyer for a law firm.
His pay was average for a lawyer at that time. Now that Senator is the wealthiest
politician in Washington.

Gee... how did that happen?

Sorry, had to put that in. :) Back to COVID 19.

Last edited:
Al,
I agree 100%. We need campaign finance reform and term limits.
I've made several contributions to the Kentucky man's opponent.
Unfortunately, the pandemic is all about politics and your post is relevant and appropriate as regards CV.
Just look at how well New Zealand did.

Kim,

This senator held up a recovery bill that would help millions of people, small
businesses, instead he dedicated the last session appointing life time judges,
one an unqualified crony friend from Kentucky who has never tried a case
but was a huge $$$ contributor... then declared recess.

Who is really president of this country.... him or the current occupant of the
White House? Sorry, to me, when I hear him talk I think of what a cadaver
would sound like if one could still talk.

PS. He is also supportive of all efforts to eliminate preexisting conditions
through lobbying interests from the insurance industry. And... the elimination
of the ACA. (Affordable Care Act)

Again, from a lawyer at a law firm in 1971 paid typically at the time to becoming
the wealthiest politician in Washington. Finally, his wife was appointed to a
Cabinet position in the White House. Gee... how did that happen too?

What gets me is he has the audacity to brag about what he wants done. It also frosts me that he will get a big pension when he's voted out of office.

The sad part is.... this Senator has a net worth of $35 million dollars.
His wife is equally wealthy in her own right. Most likely, both will take
their tax payer funded pensions and excellent government provided
health care for the rest of their lives.

And, if they request... they would be eligible for Secret Service Protection
for a period of years after leaving office. Hopefully. But... another benefit
on the tax payers dime.

Finally, he and his wife enjoy the huge tax cuts he crafted and pushed
through the Senate.

I hope the Angry Emolis aren't going against my profile. :)

I agree! Senator Turtle is the walking embodiment of the sleazy, corrupt politician. One could say that they're all corrupt to some extent, but they're not all the same. Some are good people working their tails off for the right reasons. But this guy is just the worst. He's the poster child for our corrupt system, for all the reasons you guys mention above. I remember years ago (1990s) when I was studying the issue of campaign finance reform for a college term paper and also as part of a Capitol Hill internship, the one Senator who was pushing the hardest for unlimited money in politics was this guy. It was his 'cause'. Pathetic. I really hope that fighter pilot is able to pull off an upset and send this guy into retirement. Kim, I like that you donated to her campaign. I will do so as well! It would really be a good thing for the country.

I’m watching the Kentucky senatorial race too with fingers crossed. Too good a state to be represented by that man.
Back to Covid-19 if that’s ok. I support the protests against the police killing of George Floyd. However, these massive gatherings during the past week in so many urban areas is surely going to cause a huge spike in infections. Just one big event in Philadelphia to sell ww1 bonds led to the second wave of the Spanish Flu. So, now we will have riots/looting and several more epicenters of Covid to try to manage. Wonder if there will be more shut downs and how people will react to that? We haven’t even peaked or leveled off here but the lock down was over. No body wants to go back!

I cringe watching the news watching the destruction that is being caused. I wholeheartedly support the peaceful demonstrators but get scared that these gatherings are going to send us backwards trying to fight this virus.

It is very worrisome. The city of Boston was giving masks to demonstrators today but crowds are crowds.

The Minnesota health department announced today that anyone who attended a protest should come in for a covid test in 5-7 days whether or not they have symptoms. This is really good because up until now they weren’t allowing that.

"We have the best politicians money can buy"... (or foreign governments can manipulate in!) For the first time in my life, I'm ashamed of our country's example to the world. We're an embarrassment!! 😢.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back