COVID Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim,
Very good information thank you. That definitely seems to be what I'm experiencing. Swelling and warmness seems to be alittle better today but I'm still going to watch it. I might see if they'll give me the 2nd dose in the other arm.

Maybe an ice pack would help with the swelling. It helped me when I had a reaction to fire ant bites and now for plantar fasciitis.

I received my first dose of the Moderna vaccine on Jan. 26 and am scheduled for the 2nd shot on Feb. 23. It was administered through a clinic run by the Health Services Dept. of the county where I live. The only side effect was a stiff and sore arm the morning after which got better as I used the arm during the day. My primary caregiver and I qualified for the clinic as members of a home care arrangement.

I understand there is more likely to be an adverse reaction after the 2nd shot with the Moderna vaccine. I'm not overly concerned. I'm glad to have some protection. If either my caregiver or I have a reaction, I will report it here.

I received the first dose of Moderna yesterday through the KCVA. Like many others, my only side effect is a sore arm at the site of the injection. Otherwise, all is good.

In California I expect to wait until summer to be vaccinated, when non-essential under 65's are scheduled (I am 60). The state plan has no accommodation for any preexisting condition, and both my GP and ALS Clinic have told me to expect to wait. The state and county are prioritizing the vaccines to their own appointment only drive through centers, and rationing the vaccine given to Medical facilities (where many have already run out of doses, with promised shipments not being delivered). There currently is no published plan for Pharmacies to receive and give the vaccine.

My neighbors (all younger than me) who work for Hospitals, Fire and Police Departments, local City Offices, and some School staff have been vaccinated, even the employees who are back office staff that never come in contact with the public. Schools and City offices remain closed to the public, even after the resident staff have been vaccinated. Special interest groups are demanding priority and on-site vaccinations (teachers and low income area activists), and the age based vaccine schedule is expected to be modified. The vaccine effort has become an absurd comedy version of Animal Farm, with whoever squeals the loudest getting the attention and consideration.

I feel the same way here. We do have pre existing conditions ( 2 pre existing are next along with 65 plus) but there is no deviation from the list and it makes no allowance for rarer disease. After that group come essential workers ( we already did healthcare and first responders along with congregate living and homeless) then one comorbidity. Then 64 and under Which apparently will be a free for all with 64 yo on the same footing as 18 yo.

Ed340hp - You are right on point with your Animal Farm analogy. I was just thinking today that getting vaccinated in West LA has become sort of a status symbol. People in this part of town often have connections and are used to getting what they want, and many of them have mysteriously been vaccinated already. I don't feel compelled to try to jump the line on this. I already have a terminal disease, so unless this vaccine is gonna do something about that little problem, I think I'll just wait my turn.

I already have a terminal disease, so unless this vaccine is gonna do something about that little problem, I think I'll just wait my turn.

Except with this terminal disease numbering my days here, sitting inside with no (very few) visitors and no activities around people, these numbered days without a vaccine are miserable!

I know it has been tough for many and I know our time is precious, but I feel kind of guilty when teachers in Florida have to wait longer than I do just because I'm 65.

My friend, 76, drove two hours today to get her shot. She went alone and she is in stage 4 kidney failure (genetic.) She is home now and will drive back in three weeks to get her second shot.

An illustration why age matters COVID-19 and Your Health

i believe that age should be an important priority down to age 50. Similar to the UK

I understand the need for guidelines but, within those guidelines should be some inclusion for terminally ill.

It was reported this morning that the rollout in Walmart had hit a glitch. Apparently they scheduled people that are compromised regardless of age. Kudos to them. They had to honor those appointments. After that reporting came another announcement that 4,000 vaccines were thrown away because they were unused. How sad, those vaccines could have gone into the arms of compromised individuals under the age of 65 instead of being wasted.

Aren't people showing up at vaccine locations around the time they close so they might get a shot if there are no shows?

My normal body temperature is between 97.5 and 97.9. It has always been that way, probably due to Hashimoto's. If it's 99, I'm running a fever. It helps to really know your body.

Received second dose of Moderna via Walgreens on February 11. Tier 1b in Louisiana includes home health patients. No significant side effects to speak of. Sore arm and felt a little sluggish yesterday but no other effects. Walgreens website appointment process was a little balky at first, but ended up being easy to navigate once appointment set it was fine.

Kim,
You would think that people would be taking advantage of going to the pharmacies close to closing to see if there are leftover doses. Apparently from the news report not enough. If your unable to score an appointment that's what I recommend. My husband received his first dose that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back