COVID Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al,
I hope you and Ann definetly get your date moved up. Hoping with J&J getting into the mix more vaccines will become available.

Al,
I hope you and Ann definetly get your date moved up. Hoping with J&J getting into the mix more vaccines will become available.

Marty, I stopped my RT from coming. He hasn't been here since last June. He's required to come once a year and I told him I'd see him in June. I can call to get any supplies I need over the phone.

The RT just left. Has to ask her to put her mask over her nose. Told me her aunt refuses to get vaccinated because she thinks there's a chip in the vaccine. Have a good idea who they voted for! Lol

Marty, you are not being overly cautious, but smart. You can change your own settings if need be (always happy to help if needed). The only thing you'd need the DME for is if the machine cratered. Stay safe out there! --Laurie

Thanks Laurie. the only thing she does, is check the usage. I do all my own adjustments thanks to five years of training from you! The pulmonolgist also knows this and occasionally asks me if I've made any changes.
Marty

I'm happy to report that I have the best husband in the world.

We had both received scheduling tickets through Cleveland Clinic to receive the covid vaccine. But due to Florida's Governor Disastrous, he isn't sending the vaccine to the hospitals now they're going to the Publix supermarket chain. Unfortunately their scheduling is computer generated with no exceptions if your high risk. They would knock me out because I was born after 1956.
My husband was able to secure an appointment for today. When we arrived my husband spoke with the pharmacist and showed him the letter my neurologist wrote stating I was high risk and should be given high priority. He then asked the pharmacist if he could give his appointment to me. The pharmacist agreed and I received my first dose. He was commended for being so thoughtful that the pharmacist gave him his phone number and told him to check with him in the evenings if there were any left over doses he would give him one. I'm so grateful. Hoping there might be a dose left over or that I can get him rescheduled soon.

Lisa,
Your story made me cry and smile. I pray your husband gets his shot quickly. Our Governor can no longer hold back information. Biden fixed that with a stroke of a pen. There will be no more underreporting cases and bullshit from his mouth about how Florida has everything under control.

That's beautiful, Lisa, though I am sad that it was a choice he had to make. --Laurie

Oh Lisa 💜💜💜💜💜

Got a call from the ALS clinic telling me to come in for the vaccine. That's great news as I haven't heard of any vaccine available in Texas. The clinic is in San Antonio and I live in Austin. About a 100 mile drive. I'm not going anywhere anyway. Told them I'll wait till it's local.

Same here, Marty. I have no plans to go out of the area in a pandemic so I'm waiting until I can get the vaccine at Publix, which is 1/4 mile away.

I'm still working on other things too being my appointment is
April 21st through the Wake Forest system and their out laying
clinics. And the one I have to go to is an hours drive from me.
The Wake Forest Medical Center itself is only 45 minutes from
where I live. But the best I could get was Lexington NC. ???

I'll do it if it's the best I can do.

Again, as more vaccine is available that date move up. Hopefully.

I've heard Wal Mart is going get into this too... If Wake can't get
enough how is Wal Mart going to pull it off too?

Old military saying... Talk about a "Cluster F...."

And for all the Trumplicans... it ain't Biden's fault. He inherited it,
this swamp the "Stable Genius" left him.

Last edited:
I’m included in 1b not because of being a PALS, it’s not on the list for 1b in my state -other co morbids diabetic and heart issue. I’m 46 wish I live to 65 lol not likely but hope is eternal. I am on a waiting list for my county’s Public Health Dept fingers crossed. When I get it I’ll share the experience. The idea of SARS 2 Covid in a PALS that is more advanced is sad. Hope all stay safe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back