COVID Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa, thank you for that information. My housemate, Fred, has some very serious health issues. He is 64. I'm going to ask our GP if she will write a note for him so we can get vaccinated together. THANK YOU!!!!

Kim,
I hope scheduling goes as smooth for you as it did for me. My neurologist texted me last night that he had written a letter, since he couldn't write an order for the vaccine its not in the system yet. I faxed it to the scheduling line this morning. They called me within a 1/2 hour to tell me that they issued a ticket for me and one for my husband. Once they receive more vaccine I can schedule an appointment.

I was able to get an appointment for my PALS for Friday afternoon. The appointments were filling up very fast; within 20 minutes everything from Monday thru Thursday was booked already. Our caregiver had her first dose a week ago. Now if only I could get the vaccine as well, it would set my mind more at ease.

V

Nikki,
I don't have compromised respiratory. What my doctor noted was that I would run into the risk of respiratory issues if I was infected with covid.

It varies by state. what I said is what the MGH clinic said I am happy it is different there. I was just pointing out state differences so you really have to find out for where you are.

No luck here in NH either, even with compromised breathing.

Here's the funny thing although I'm not finding this humorous. My husband is 64, he'll turn 65 in a few months. We have both received scheduling tickets from cleveland clinic for the vaccine and can schedule an appointment when they receive more vaccines. We were told by them to pursue other avenues to get the vaccine sooner.

One of our grocery stores (Publix) has just become a big vaccine clinic. They open up scheduling 2 days a week starting at 6am. You have to be quick on the computer to get a slot. So this morning he got up this morning to see what he could do. They wanted his Medicare number which he just received his card but it isn't active until May. He answered everything and boom...he was given an appointment for this Friday for his first dose and already scheduled him for his second dose. Here's the kicker...he then put in my information with my active Medicare number and I was rejected due to age 🤔 are you kidding me??? Now he feels bad and doesn't want to take the appointment. I told him absolutely not he's going to that appointment!

Maybe the system looks at birth year. I am guessing you were born after 1956?

Yes 1958. You would think they could see I have a medical issue being I have a valid Medicare number. I'll just wait for my appointment to come from cleveland clinic since they are the ones that approved me.

There are people on medicare due to things like back pain and psych diagnoses that wouldn’t put them at higher risk so it does make sense just having medicare wouldn’t do it. Some of the centers here say bring proof currently we are still doing first responders and medical people. I am wondering how they are going to handle the comorbidity people. pcps would be overwhelmed writing letters but the honor system didn’t even work in some of the hospitals here

🤞That the other 2 companies get FDA approval so that many more vaccines can be administered.

Amen to that. J&J is supposed to release their data early next week they said yesterday. Hoping its efficacy approaches that of Pfizer and Moderna.

I'm confident, in short time, that many more vaccines will be on the way.

No vaccine in Texas. I'm patiently waiting for my turn. I have an RT that comes once a month. She's around a lot of patients and I've been mainly isolated. I'm thinking about telling her not to come over till she and I are vaccinated. it's also a waste of time as I can relay anything about the trilogy parameters to her.
Am I being overly cautious?
Marty

I was able to be scheduled for the vaccine shot, for Ann and I both
through my ALS Clinic.

Appointment date... April 21st.

Hopefully as more vaccine is available that date can be moved up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back