00/0000
Country
US
State
WA
City
Seattle
Previous thread

I had posted in this forum in January and February of this year after my covid vaccine where I was experiencing sudden onset widespread for fasciculations and muscle spasms. Subsequently I discovered that fasciculations, muscle weakness, and muscle spasms are all associated with COVID vaccine. I just wanted to post here to update everyone and hopefully help others that are concerned about an ALS diagnosis. During this concerning time when I thought I may have ALS I had two emgs several neurology appointments and a couple of er visits due to a wild set of symptoms. Some people only experience pens and needles tingling and muscle twitches, but some have more dramatic symptoms. We have created a sizable group on Facebook and would be happy to offer some support to those experiencing dramatic delayed symptomology due to the COVID vaccine. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share the group on this post, but if somebody could let me know it would be appreciated thank you.

P.S. Thank you so much in the past for offering answers and information. It was very useful and kept me sane through a very dark time in my life. I know these ALS inquiries are annoying and a bit tone deaf but I assure you they are extremely helpful thank you again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for stopping back. We cannot host a direct link but I think anyone in need will have enough information to find your Facebook group.

I would only add the caution to others that nothing you have cited as a personal issue, even if in truth caused by a Covid vaccine, is as disabling or fatal as Covid too often is.

Best,
Laurie

Yeah.. Just to be clear the vaccines are still safe, ESPECIALLY relative to the risk of getting COVID. People who have had these interesting and initially disconcerting symptoms are recovered/recovering without regret. Immune reactions have been known to cause fasciculations/spasms for quite some time and isn't an unusual origin. I chose to get my 2nd dose despite my experience. I in no way discourage the vaccine. Thanks again!

Thanks for sharing. As Laurie says we can’t post links but if you could say the name of the group it would be ok. I was unable to pick it out of the many groups about vaccines and their possible after effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back