Diagnosis
05/2017
Country
CA
State
AB
City
CALGARY
Wayne is in ICU with Covid pneumonia and a UTI. We are currently in California with insurance, but I'm sure the insurance company will find a way to blame it on ALS and not covid. I'm petrified at losing my love, and being left destitute due to the medical bills. I'm sick to my stomach. We only had 2.5 weeks until we back to Canada. I hope and pray that he'll be ok. This is the third time he's had covid. Each time it was brought in by the caregiver.

BestFriends14, My thoughts and prayers are with you and Wayne tonight and over the next little while.
This is very scary.
Are you at the hospital or are visiting hours limited?
I believe most people would say that Covid pneumonia comes from Covid and not ALS. The insurance company might recognize this and act in Good Faith. Please try and put the insurance company out of your mind for this evening. I am so sorry you and Wayne are going through this.

oh I'm so sorry Bestfriends.

Oh dear! Sending you all the luck in the world and hope he's such a pro at battleing Covid that he will get better soon. Caregivers endangering patients makes me angry.

Last edited:
Bestfriends. So sorry this happened. COVID and other viruses are rampant in many parts of US. I hope and pray Wayne will recover quickly. Please try to care for yourself.

Thank you, everyone. Sadly, his body is hyper producing mucous, and he now has aspiration pneumonia from said mucous, on top of covid pneumonia. The stress of this is unreal.

Very stressful. Stay strong by resting and eating as best you can. Thinking about you and Wayne.

How is Wayne today?

So sorry this is happening while you are in the states. My PALS has just been transferred to a local rehab hospital after a week at the hospital with pneumonia. The suction tube really helps. Praying you will get back home asap and that the insurance will see it your way. Take care.

@Dot Nichols, how is your PALS' FVC? Does he typically have a lot of mucous? A nurse told me that this particular strain of covid produces a lot of mucous. Definitely not good for folks with ALS. Did you catch covid?

How is Wayne today Bestfriends and how are you holding up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back