00/0000
Country
UK
State
LA
City
Chorley
Hello All,

I have always been fit and healthy but around a month ago I went down with covid. Within a week I developed upper sporadic chest twitches. I could see my chest twitching. I immediately thought it was heart related and had an ecg and bloods plus bp taken and all was clear. The cardiologist has now suggested in could be BLS. I have never heard of this disorder but through reading these forums it has given me some really good information. From the information required would the next step be to get a neurologist appointment and have an EKG?

Any advice would be amazing and keep up the good work sharing stories they really do help

Baz

I think you mean BFS. That is possible, and there is no reason to suspect ALS, so I do not see a reason to consult neurology at this time. You meant EMG, not EKG, though.

But bear in mind that if you were coughing/sneezing during Covid, it is not uncommon for your chest to twitch for a while afterwards (it should gradually get better if that is the reason) because you are not used to using those muscles so much and so hard, most likely. Also, there is muscle memory if it hurt when you coughed and so you tried to suppress it at times.

Best,
Laurie

Also twitching after covid ( anywhere) is very common as you will find if you search postcovid and muscle twitch groups. If you are concerned about your health check in with your gp

Thank you so much. I did ask the Gp and they sent me for bloods and that was it. It’s been non stop for 4 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back