Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
City
Gilberts
I'll make this short, I had an EMG done in Jan 2019 (results attached) a year later my symptoms got worse and more added to them so I went back to my Nero same guy that did the EMG and I explained to him what is still happening and what more has come since then. He preformed some tests on me with his hands and then made me walk on my toes and heals ect. He told me I don't have MND.

My questions is since he did my last EMG is that the reason why he didn't order another one? Will one from a year prior suffice. Sorry to bothers you with my issues but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed the emg because you neglected to block out your name.

you of course need to ask the neurologist why he didn’t order another emg. At a wild guess I would say the initial emg was fine and his exam did not show any cause for new concern But we can not possibly read your doctor’s mind

Would I be wasting his time and mine to get another one done since the one I had is only a year and 6 months old?

If there is no clinical indication then yes. We can not see and examine you so we have no idea. You need to speak to him and ask him these questions. Clearly he saw no need but let him explain his thoughts

Your doctor knows what tests are indicated, and you won't be reassured by another clean EMG I don't think. Don't clog up the system when people who need these tests are waiting for them.
As Nikki says - you need to have a good discussion with your doctor and let him really explain to you why you don't have ALS and agree to move in the testing and treatment direction he suggests for you.
Trying to get terminally ill people into discussions here is not productive for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back