Status
Not open for further replies.
There are hundreds of things it could be. Remember, anxiety (and winter) itself can cause dry throat/mouth, in turn leading to heightened awareness of swallowing.

A sore jaw can mean something as simple as needing a night guard for teeth grinding, esp. if you are anxious and not sleeping well.

In other words, this isn't about one huge thing, most often, but a series of events that reinforce each other.

To re-ask an important question, did the PCP say that you had clinical weakness?

Thank you so much Nikki. Really appreciate your time. One last question. Is the nose thing something that points to ALS?

My doc didn’t test me for clinical weakness which is strange. He just referred me to the neurologist.

Well, you said you are seeking a new PCP, so hopefully you can get a better sense of where you stand before the neuro appointment.

Nose "feelings" wouldn't really mean much compared to impairment in breathing, swallowing, coughing, etc. Of course, difficulty in breathing as you describe is something to check out for anyone, but ALS is very low down on a list of hundreds of possible explanations.

A good doc can help you separate what seems true to what is an objective fact, and do lung function testing if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back