Could you have a normal EMG and still have ALS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lecroix

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
City
McKeesport
So this may be my anxiety kicking in but a few months back I started noticing some occasional muscle twitching. I also had some intense pain throughout my body. I was in a car accident in December and I suffered a concussion and neck sprain. I had an EMG/NCV (all normal) test, MRIs etc and the only thing they could conclude was that my brain was slightly damaged in the area that controls pain. I just feel like I definitely get sore, pain, and bad stiffness and slightly weaker on my right side. Is it just some chronic pain issues from a car accident or is there a small possibility of something like a respiratory onset ALS? Maybe I am just being anxious but I'm worried I will only get worse and not better or feel like this the rest of my life

Thank you. I am guessing a brain injury can result in spasticity and symptoms like this as well

Yes it can. I have a TBI and chronic pain from being rear-ended at 80k. I have left sided weakness, pain radiating down my legs, decreased pinch grasp, poor balance, sore lower back and hips, and shakiness at times. I do not have ALS, though, but my husband does.

A car accident, especially a bad one, can give you all sorts of awful and weird side effects. It took about 6 years for me to be able to function day to day. Hang in there, you will see the other side of this. The good news is, it does not sound like ALS. At all. Keep going to physio, get gentle massages, and do heat and ice therapy, along with whatever your doc suggests.

Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back