could this possibly be als

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I know this is not a anxiety form but I just started noticing some more symptoms I noticed last night that my tongue has started twitching along with face muscles and also I notice that when I drink or eat or even laugh I strangle my concern is could this be bulbar als I know my emg on my legs was normal on Wednesday except for fasciculations but would leg emg in legs be enough to rule out als I promise this is my last question

This is exactly the same question you asked on Wednesday with regard to your upper body. The answer is still the same. The EMG rules out ALS for you. You do NOT have ALS. Enough now. Move on and best of luck to you,

Dwayne, in people who have ALS, the EMG changes tend to be widespread, occurring before clinical weakness is noted in a given area. So folks with bulbar ALS tend to have EMG abnormalities in their limbs. Clean EMG of the limbs rules out ALS, even bulbar.

You are good to go. You are clearly demonstrating some anxiety and I hope you seek help for that. But time to move away from this forum. I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back