Oscs

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
IN
Hi I'm 17M,
First of all I want to thank the people who will be seeing this post.

In feb I had twitching in my right hand which then progressed to twitching in my whole body. When I hold something with my right hand the part where I am holding starts pulsating. Since 2 weeks I have had random pain in diff areas like back, neck,hand.
I wake up with weakness. I have seen a neurologist who told me that I should not worry about Als due to my age. I had an emg done almost 3 weeks back which came out clean it includes both my hands and legs.
Since 6 days I have had excess saliva which then progressed to a crack sound in my throat when I swallow or move. I also have started feeling a lump or like sonothing is stuck.
Please let me know if these symptoms match the description of als.
Thanks

Hi there, please read here: Read Before Posting
It lists a variety of issues that cause the symptoms that you are concerned about and will explain why ALS should not be a concern for you. I am sure looking up twitching online brought you here, but twitching is as common as coughing and only indicates a concern for ALS if accompanied by a whole other group of symptoms- none of which you report. Your neurologist is right, and no stranger on the internet would disagree with a medical practitioner who has seen you in person. .

Please take care

Remember, anxiety feeds on itself and makes everything worse. A clean EMG suggests looking closely at sleep, diet, exercise, stress, connecting with someone on or off line.

Sometimes it can be helpful to talk with someone about things that are bothering you -- these can disrupt your sleep, and disruptive sleep can affect everything on your list.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back