Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
City
Philly
Hi all. Just have a couple of quick questions. Just a recap back in January my dad was diagnosed with cancer so it was a stressful time. Towards the end of January I believe I had coronavirus as we were at a party and 12 of the 16 people got sick and nine tested positive for the virus. I didn’t get tested but assuming I had it as we all got sick at the same time. So after that I want for my routine I exam about a month later at the beginning of March and they found something in my eye called a Roth spot hemorrhage. I want a few days later for my routine physical they did the bloodwork and everything came back normal and they believe the hemorrhage could’ve been caused by the coronavirus. So needless to say it was a stressful 2 to 3 months.

Flash forward to today. I’ve noticed over the last week or so that I’ve been having some random muscle twitches in my quad and shoulder. And I saw some happen between my pinky and wrist. The one between my pinky and the rest happened when my wrist was bent and I was putting pressure on it so I don’t know if the pressure cause it to twitch? The quad and shoulder would switch after I would be standing for a while and then I would sit down I would feel my quad and my shoulder was twitching one night after I was working on my car and my arm was been awkward and it got sore so I’m assuming it was due to that. I also have been having pain along the left side of my jaw and face I want to the Dennis they think it’s because I need a mouthpiece or stress from the last couple months of grinding my teeth and clenching.

I feel great I’m able to run no balance issues I still work out I feel strong so am I overreacting or should I be aware of any worsening symptoms? I never really paid attention to muscle twitching before but maybe I am just hyper focused now and everything because of the last couple months. From what I gather it seems to be normal to have a muscle twitch here in there if your muscles are fatigued from standing a while or in this situation being bent in an awkward position.

Let me know your thoughts or if there’s anything I should be on the lookout for. Thank you very much

I also forgot to mention my left side around the lat muscle has pretty pretty sore as well. My doctor and physical therapist thinks it’s just from working out in normal aches and pains. Also in my upper Rib cage one rib is a little pronounced than the other. I felt it when I was stretching and I ran my hands across the ribs for some reason. I’m assuming
The one rib sticks out more because when I was younger I broke my clavicle and maybe that changed the anatomy on that side. I don’t know if we can be from a weakling muscle causing a rib to pop out or something like that. My doctor said it could be from the clavicle or it could be just the way it is.

Hi there-

It sounds like searching for twitching online brought you here. Please read this: Read Before Posting to reassure yourself and to get the answers to the questions you have asked. You already appear to be working with a doctor and a physio and neither of them see anything worrisome. I doubt you would find anyone here to disagree. Post viral issues, esp with Covid19, are a possibility- and we are seeing more folk here reporting twitching, etc because of this.

All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back