00/0000
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Phoenix
My symptoms are
Electric shock feeling pains all over abd face and tongue.
Involuntary blinking
Left arm shakes when i lean on it
Fasiculations all over
Breathing feels weird
Swallowing feels stuck
Jerking motions all limbs, chin, neck, spine.
Not sweating
Dry mouth and eyes
Ear ringing
Pressure in head
47 year old female. This started with nerve pains about two years ago. Fasiculations started 2019. Breathing changes started two months ago.
mri no lesions

I feel like my breathing jumps or stops. Like my lungs or diaphragm stops.

Hello-

Please read here: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms

It covers a variety of issues and sets out why you should not be worried about ALS. You list a whole bunch of things that have nothing to do with a motor neuron disease. It's important to consult with your doctor to track down the cause of your symptoms, but this forum is very much not the place for you. That's excellent news!

All the best, and I wish you well as you pursue answers in some other direction.

are you sure? The fasiculations and jerking and left arm shaking everything worse on left side perhaps it’s respiratory onset?

My question to you at this time would be "Have you seen a doctor?" Asking strangers on the internet might not be as reassuring as a real live doctor giving you the same information along with a clinical exam. You do not state anything close to the pattern of symptoms that indicates ALS and are listing things that could indicate any variety of issues. Please read the above link provided.

Well I’m hoping it’s not. Appointment coming up. Breathing and swallowing are different than used to be. Also lots of blinking. I’m scared.

Thankfully your symptoms are not ALS symptoms. At all. Your doc will reassure you od this when you see him/her.

Good luck to you on your diagnostic journey. The truly wonderful thing is that you do not belong on a site for those living with ALS. Yay!

How do you know my fasiculations and breathing/swallowing issues and left arm tremor is not ALS? My cousin was told at first that she had carpal tunnel syndrome. I’m scared esp because respiratory onset had widespread fasiculations

Hi Momlife,

The folk here are not here to argue with, nor the folk you need to convince if you feel you have ALS. What you have reported here does not sound like the normal pattern of symptoms that indicates ALS. If you have further questions, it seems that your doctor would be best to answer them as they have access to your full medical records and can examine you. Further engagement here might not provide you the reassurance and satisfaction you are seeking despite the information provided you in the link "Read Before Posting" and the fact you report many non-motor issues- systemic, sensory and autonomic, etc.

We are not saying you should not be concerned, only that what you report does not sound like ALS due to the reasons listed above. This is why it's important to wait to see your doctor so they can provide you with the best information about your concerns and what direction they will be exploring.

I understand. A lot of people come here seeking answers before or after dr appointment. My cousin died from als age 57. Her first symptom were wrist issues and nerve pain. She had to see a few Drs before a dx.
so I’m concerned because of the pain, fasiculations and myoclonus. I had emg before my Fasiculations that was normal. Also the dysautonomia website calls als a form of dysautonomia so that might worry people too.
i am afraid like everyone is when this is in the differential.
i pray you are correct but symptoms are frightening regardless

Im worried about my breathing. It feels heavy. I heard that respiratory onset has more widespread fasiculations l which i have. Also my tongue gets electrocuted feeling and my face. My phone feels heavy in my left hand. Everything feels weird left side. I’m really scared. I feel so tired and my digestion.
mid my ha d feeling tired holding phone the kind of weakness in als?

We really don't believe that you have ALS. If you had respiratory impairment, you would know it, not think it.

But since you're not taking our word for it, and don't feel well, please contact your primary care physician tomorrow to try for an earlier appointment if needed. You could have a condition that will benefit from prompt treatment, but it's not something we deal with here, so I'm closing this thread. Please don't start another.

All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back