Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CO
City
Littleton
Hi there. I've been experiencing some perceived weakness in my arms for the past two weeks It came on very suddenly, started in my right arm and moved to my left within days. It seems to wax and wane throughout the day. I have not lost any strength, in fact I feel more energized and very strong. I have this feeling of internal jitteriness and while I have this perceived arm weakness I also have spasms and a buzzing electrical sensation. I do have cramping in my calves and sometimes toes will spasm so bad they twist and turn. Most of the spasms are actually in my legs, but I get them in my back, arms and chest as well, but no weakness to speak of (just the perceived weakness in arms. Occasionally I will get this vibration in my trunk/torso/hip area that feels like I had one of those electrical massage devices inserted into me. Major vibrations!

Hi, I am truly sorry that you find yourself here. I am not a doctor, my only experience is my own. Speaking from that, what you have described could be any number of issues. It doesn't however seem to fit the ALS outline. I wouldn't want you to take chances with your health out of fear. Please make an appointment with your family physician. Tell her /him your symptoms and concerns they will proceed with your best interest at heart. God bless you

I've been having some scary symptoms for the past month and I'm only reaching out for input and advice. It is not my intent to waste anyone's time or energy. I'm just very scared I may have ALS. I would appreciate any input from someone who has gone through this nasty disease. I have an appointment with a neurologist in a couple weeks. All my symptoms were set off by this episode of crazy buzzing going through both of my arms and I couldn't move them for a while. It woke me up from sleep. Shortly after I started feeling weakness in my right arm and twitching. It feels like a limp noodle. The twitching has oddly gotten better. I feel the twitching at rest only and it's all over my body but mostly in my calves and thighs. I have a huge dent at the top of my left thigh. I know dents are not atrophy. But it sure looks like it. I also have a dent in my right hand and my left foot feels and looks smaller and thinner than my right and my left heel has lost some sensation. I feel like my left ankle is about to give out as well. Within the past few days I've developed breathing problems. It feels like I'm being strangled and it's hard to get a deep breath and have a dry cough. It feels like something is weighing on the left side of my chest. Eating and drinking make it worse as well as any activity. Lying down makes it better. I would appreciate any input. Can ALS progress this quickly? I'm terrified.

Please stay on one thread. This has been merged for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back