Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Peterborough
I am a healthy male 45 yrs old. About a year ago i started noticing when i exercise my muscles in my legs only are really acheing and i have to take an antiinflamatory to make it better yet it still bothers me for a day or 2 after. I also notice when i walk on flat ground my knees are ok but if i go UP or DOWN stairs or steep hills my knees are kind of weak. This seems to be getting slightly worse over a year. Somedays my legs or ok but somedays my leg muscles feel really weak like they are going to collapse.

I have had x-rays on my knees for artheritis and nothing showed up
Blood test showed everything normal
Did a cardiac stress test and did well on the treadmill time wise (12 mins).

I am getting a little worried or is this just old age creeping up on me, i am a bit overweight 5'10" 220 lbs and only really play sports 2X/wk but go all out when i do sports like softball and badminton.

Any docs or nurses out there with an idea ?

Thanks ......

I should also add that i take BP meds (diuretic and ACE inhibitor) but it is well controlled.

For goodness sakes, why are you thinking ALS? Nothing you describe sounds like it.
Go back to your doctor, if you think you need to.
I think if you drop a few lbs, your knees and heart will thank you.

Enjoy the beautiful Kawartha area - you live in a beautiful spot.

Please go to you doc tor. Doesn't sound like ALS in any way, shape or form! Good luck!

Jen

We are not doc tors here, so the re spon ses you get are our o pin ions based on our journey. If you are still ex erci sing after a year, I really wouldn't worry about ALS. But go to your doc tor and get checked out. And as O Girl mentioned, dropping a few pounds could make a change with your me ds.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back