ChrisHerman

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hello everyone,

I made a new account with real name. I apologize about the last one.

I just wanted to go over a few things, I’m a 29M,

Leg fatigue and weakness has been prevalent for 5 weeks. Blood tests did not show any abnormalities. I feel like twitching started after I started fearing ALS, could this be anxiety? It is all over my body and rarely in my thighs where I am concerned the most.

I don’t feel any loss of movement or motion, can still go up and down stairs. I grabbed did a few light squats with light weight and I was able to them but my legs were shot after.

I’ve been going crazy since I read ALS and I apologize, just want to know if there is anything that could be.

This will be my last post.

Hi Chris-

Thank you for reposting.

With regards to twitching and anxiety- there is a giant association between the two, as you will read in the now thousands of posts in this subforum and on other sites and social media groups.

It appears you've read the "Read Before Posting" thread and understand a lack of clinical weakness and continued normal movement means ALS is not a real concern. While the people here can't tell you what the trouble might be, ALS does not present in the way you report. Fatigue is not weakness. Twitching is very common and could mean a whole variety of things, including nothing at all.

This is not a dismissal of your physical concerns, only that what you are reporting does not indicate signs of ALS. Hopefully you and your doctor can track down what the issue might be- which may be anxiety or some other thing like post viral issues or the like.

ShiftKicker,

I thank you oh so much. The constant feeling of rubber or cement legs is what threw me off, but I am glad you were able to explain that to me. Post viral maybe be it, I’ve been sick 2 x in the last 6 weeks, 1x with COVID, 1x with a sinus infection.

I donated to the forum, you guys are awesome. Thank you and I pray Godspeed for a cure and better treatment for ALS.

Also, it is all in my thighs. I don’t feel anything in my calves. Occasionally my arms will feel tired. That comes and goes

If you took antibiotics for the sinus infection, those can cause their own issues. I would make sure you get enough rest, you're eating a real food diet, and hydrate.

Best,
Laurie

Laurie,

Thank you for your respond.

I took Z pack and a very strong steroid for COVID. No antibiotics for the sinus infection.

I’m taking vitamins.

It was happening for 2 weeks after COVID, my upper leg weakness and fatigue, Then got better, then worse.

Days are good, days are bad.

Google’d and came across ALS and my anxiety has been debilitating.

Quick question,

Last post I deleted, someone said that clinical weakness is rare in upper parts of leg. Is this true? It is mainly in calves or in hands?

Apologize for my ignorance

ALS typically starts distally, so it would not start in your thighs. Please go back to your doctor with any further questions you have, as your questions have been asked and answered here. There's really not too much more the folks can do for you.

Good luck

As Bestfriends said it is rare to START in your thighs which is what I said in the previous thread. Of course people with ALS get weakness there just not the first thing

A Z pack (Zithromax) and a steroid can definitely do a number on some people.

Upper leg weakness as a feature of ALS onset is rare, yes, but the greater issue is good/bad days as you describe and still being able to do things but feeling tired after is not how ALS presents.

Get some rest and don't try to pick up your previous regimen -- work your way up.

Did you read this one carefully Chris?

See the thing with ALS is that PALS don't feel weak, rubbery, fatigued. None of those things. They feel normal and can't believe their body simply does not do what their mind tells it to.

I think we have about covered it now. thanks for making a new profile though.

I had 1 more question in regards to the twitching:

The twitching is all over my body, from head to toe, and it is a split second twitch. It does not twitch for more than a second.

Is this something to worry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back