Reason
Other
Country
UK
State
London
City
London
Hi everyone, I'm becca. I acknowledge peoples ignorance of knowledge that surrounds this life changing illness however am concerned with my symptoms and would appreciate honest feedback. Background information: I'm 19 years old, female, I do not exercise and spend most of my time at home or out with my friends in their cars. I also have extreme health anxiety and am on medication for that problem since 8 days ago and have lost around a stone and a half in 2 months from my anxiety. I work 12 hours a week and my job involves heavy lifting and standing at tills. I also was a heavy user of marijuana for 2 years and have on about 4 occasions tried mdma and cocaine. Due to my marijuana habit I would only eat when 'stoned' and would not eat all day until about 11pm. I then quit weed as my problem began and have been eating around 0-300 calories a day for around 2 months and have lost about a stone an a half. so here's how it began..

9 weeks ago to the day, I was out partying with my friends. Aroud 4am we returned to my friends house and carried on partying. That entire night I felt fine untill I had to run outside and throw up (haha) after i returned inside I proped my legs up on a stool and felt an almost 'pressure' in my right knee. (I had done a lot of overtime that week in comparison to my usual 12 hours) It concerned me however did not take it into any thought. There was no pain just a a feeling of instability. As the week progressed my knee continued to feel like it was going back on itself and progressively weak and my ankle felt like it would roll out when walking. I visited my doctor and she assured me it was purely posture due to the way I stand at work (with my right knee locked and left relaxed and also due to the way I lift heavy items with both my knees locked bent at the waist) she gave me some exercises and me being a typical teenager blew it off and didn't do them, instead I continued to google my symptoms and the one thing that was come up, in big bold letters 'ALS'. I was frantic and couldn't stop worrying, I would then apply pressure to the other knee to see if there was a difference, I was doing this about 20 times a day pushing them both back. A few weeks later.. My leftg knee began to feel weak.. I returned to the doctor and she told me I was nursing the other knee by over compensating on the left, thus damaging both. I was still not convinced and was spending every waking moment googling these symptoms. From this I then developed widespread fasiculations, (6 weeks on from initial weakness) On my legs, my bum, my groin, arms shoulders etc. I returned to the doctor and she tested my reflexes, leg strength and my fasiculations. She said they were 5/5 perfect however I don't have a lot of muscles surrounding my knees. She then put me on anti depressants and didn't seem concerned and am having a follow up with her on Tuesday to talk about my medication and said my twitches were anxiety related. I now feel the weakness has spread my to shoulders, my arms and I now feel my speech is becoming tied and actually felt a twitch in my tongue today or so I think. This is all in the space of 2 months and 1 week. I occasionally suffer with cramp and some feeling of weakness all over my right leg. Also when straightening my right leg my knee clicks aswell as my ankle. I slightly sprained my ankle in the summer aswell. I've been bed ridden for 3 weeks due to my depression and whenever I stand I feel shakey like my hips can't support me. My initial problem leg feels weak and is harder to use when walking up stairs and it feel like my walking is completely off. My shoulders feel loose and sore and my little toe on my right leg clicks and can stretch really far. Not sure if this all makes a lot of sense but this is everything I've suffered in the past 9 weeks and am continuing to feel terrified. My right lower leg muscle feels smaller aswell. Sorry for this long ridiculous statement but id love to hear some opinions.

I can still clench both fists and clench my toes very hard

Becca, sounds like your problem is making poor choices, including writing a ridiculous letter taking up the time of people who have a terminal illness. Continue to lead this life style and you eventually WILL have serious health concerns- just not ALS. Not eating, no exercise, partying till you throw up,getting stoned- get a life, girl. Sorry- no sympathy when you choose to live like that.

I have been honest and used as much detail as possible surrounding the subject to get honest opinions. I am not asking for sympathy I am asking for an honest answer which yes, you have just given me. I am specificy posting in the section that is for people who are concerned about their welfare which I am and all my given symptoms of weakness in leg/legs, fasiculations and cramping I believe are all symptoms.

Check into re-hab... or you'll never see 20.

300 calories? Get real, you need between 1500 and 2000 calories a day. Living on 300 a day will kill you, it's called starving.
You don't have ALS

If you were concerned for your body you wouldn't abuse it like that.

I have stopped using drugs since my problems have come around and am not able to eat a lot due to my depression and anxiety, I am not starving myself for any reason and yes I have made mistakes however I am now drinking protein shakes to provide more calories and trying to improve my general health.

I am breaking one of my rules by answering this. Normally if 2 other members have answered a thread here I stay off it.

Beccca, you must leave this site immediately, and DO NOT post here again, not even to reply to what has been written.

Take this screen to your parents showing them what you wrote and what we have written, then do WHATEVER they tell you to do. If you can't do that, take it to your doctor, then do WHATEVER your doctor tells you to do.

Once achieved, never return to this site.

YOU DO NOT HAVE ALS BUT YOU ARE SERIOUSLY ILL

Nothing a diet of Raman Noodles won't cure. After reading this stuff I feel infinitely better for having a terminal illness all things considered.

I don"t think it's ALS, and you seem kinda young but you may want to look up Alcoholic Neuropathy. You may not a have it yet but at the rate of consumption you are talking about it could be in your future.
Vincent

hopefully beccca is taking my advice and never returning to read any more of this ;)

Isn't it amazing how a person can be on a starvation diet ( 300 calories a day ) but deny starving, which will cause every one of their symptoms, and jump straight to a fatal disease. Talk about denial.

i seen one word here drugs and im not going there. iiwii

Becca checked back in without commenting so hope she took the advice and moved on. Closing now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back