Not open for further replies.

RandomUser

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
SY
I apologize but english is not my first language. I'm a 25 years old male. I've been twitching for 20 months.

My twitches admittedly started after my first panic attack and I've been dealing with bad health anxiety ever since.

At first I feared ALS but then quickly forgot about it due to not showing any weakness, but in the last two months I started having right hand stiffness and weakness which changes in severity throughout the day. I also noticed recently that when I swallow my saliva, I some times feel it entering the back of my nose. but when I tested myself by bending my head with a mouth full of water. I had the same feeling of humidity but nothing actually came out of my nose.

I have been having speech difficulty that comes and goes for at least a year that no one ever noticed.

I've recently noticed that my ring finger in my right hand is slightly bent inward when I relax my fingers. It doesn't hurt and I can still extend it almost effortlessly.

I saw a neurologist and told him only about my hand because ALS was not on my mind at the time. He gave me some vitamins and didn't seem concerned about the finger.

Yesterday, after some research, I couldn't find any explanation for my bent finger except for spasticity and now I think that the stiffness in my hand is actually mild spasticity.

I can attribute the speech difficulty to anxiety and the nasal regurgitation to LPR and post nasal drip, but the bent finger is what's worrying me the most.

My question is: Does this seem like spasticity?
and can ALS or MND have such vague symptoms for this long?

Thank you for your precious time and sorry for the long post.

No, it doesn't and what you describe doesn't resemble ALS to me.

I would see a physio for the finger. Often you can injure it over time without being aware. And I would seek more/better help for health anxiety, which can take over your life if you let it.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back