Klapf

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
GE
Hello everybody,
I am writing as the doctors here in Germany do not really know how to help me. I got my first Biontech vaccine about 12 weeks ago and ever since I am in a downward spiral. It started with severe headach and tingling and numb extremities. Then the headaches got better but I developed a strong tremor in my hands, muscle pain and aches and twitching all over my body including the tongue. I was really nauseas and it still feels like I am about to puke often, even if the nausea has been gone for some time now. Then about 2-3 weeks ago I noticed myself constantly pressing my tongue against the roof of my mouth and all of a sudden I was overly aware of everything happening with my tongue. And I feel as if the muscle aches and stiffness have now focused on the left side of my body (where I was also vaccinated). The tongue then was better for about 3-4 days when suddenly ok Monday everything went further downhill again. My tongue is either burning or numb and very sensitive to strong flavors and it feels kind of tired especially in the morning. In the back of my throat there is mucus and I can’t seem to swallow it. In general I have the feeling that my swallowing is difficult. I am not choking or gagging but I really feel the liquids and food going down there. I also find myself having a dry cough every now and then during the day. Does this sound familiar to anyone of you? I must add that I am by this point of course totally anxious as my symptoms are changing every few days/weeks. I had an MRI which came back fine as well as the liquor. My blood was tested 6 times and it always came back perfect. My GP says that my nervous system was attacked by the vaccine and gives me all of these symptoms and it does not help that I am so insanely anxious. My neurologist said that this is a side effect of the vaccine as it started directly after. He did not think an EMG was necessary. My ENT said that my tongue looks like it has a tremor, too. She does not see any fasciculations at all.
Thank you in advance for your Input. It is really a terrifying time for me and 12 weeks of constant worry and anxiousness what is happening with me are taking a toll me. I literally feel every littlest thing going on in my body and this has never been like that before.

Hi there- please have a read here: Read Before Posting

It covers a fair amount of information and explains why twitching is of no concern for ALS unless accompanied by some very distinctive symptoms, none of which you report. Your sensory issues, coughing, etc are nothing to do with ALS.

I think you already know that your symptoms are likely a reaction to your vaccination- an your doctor has confirmed this. It might be a good idea to find some support for your health anxiety. These are very unusual times, and many people have become hyper aware of twitches and aches and are subscribing sinister meaning to perfectly normal body sensations or their reactions to the vaccine.

Please take care

I'm sorry you are going through this.
I agree with Shiftkicker and your doctor, the link to the vaccination seems clear.
My husband had bulbar onset ALS and it could not have been more different to all you describe. I hope your doctors can work with you to bring your body back to a place of health and balance.

Last edited:
Thank you for your time and reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back