Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
City
London
hi I’m a 35 year old female experience what im wondering is bulbar/ respiratory als

I began having pain feeling when swallowing about 5 months ago didn’t think too much of it, in the last 6 weeks I’ve also noticed I’ve had excess saliva and also had excess mucus for this time and a weaker cough, I’ve also been having trouble breathing my respiratory rate is constantly at least 35 per minute and over last few months have been finding it harder and harder to breathe like I can barely ceek myself breath and have lost the ability to take a deep breath or laugh. This difficultly breathing taking its toll on me and since other people can’t hear it bc I’m not wheezing drs been dismissive. I also lots about stone quite rapidly in this time.

I’ve also been experiencing twitching all over my body arms , legs , diaphragm, neck and face for a few months , and some
Weakness in my legs and aching on waking up.

I had bloods and ecg at gp and was told all normal , slightly high protien in bloods a few months back, After saying of my drooling twitches all over they referred me to neurologist.

My emg has come back clean, says some latency in F-wave but I don’t understand what that means so need to call neuro to discuss but his words were on paper “there is no evidence of muscle disease” .

I’ve seen mixed things on here about clean emg meaning definitely no als and since I’ve had a clean one while already experiencing full body twitches and spasms would I fall into this catergory ? My cramps are getting worse in legs and I’m finding it harder and harder to breath especially pushing out air, My emg was done on tiablis, vastus lat, and bicep all completely normal . And ncs .

So does this make me in the clear in your opinions?

Thank you for listening love to everyone fighting this disease.

Did you read this post carefully?

It should really help you.

What is the diagnosis you have received?

It sounds like your doctors are not seeing ALS and they are really smart and know what to look for.
Twitching means nothing so ignore that bit.

You say you have weakness, was clinical weakness detected?

I think you need a good sit down with your doctor to discuss what is next.
Taking to the internet is going to take you down a serious rabbit hole that you don't need to go into.

Tara...

"My emg has come back clean, says some latency in F-wave but I don’t understand what that
means so need to call neuro to discuss but his words were on paper “there is no evidence of
muscle disease” .

The key of key words... " “there is no evidence of muscle disease” .

Do you know what many here would have given to hear those words?

Finally your age also greatly increases the chances of you not having ALS.

You're really good to go from this forum... and to ease your mental concerns.

My mom was diagnosed with Progressive Bulbar Palsy and the first sign we noticed was her speech was becoming muffled, almost like she was lazily saying words, or she drank an awful lot of alcohol. I hope this info helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back