Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
City
Cypress
A year ago I was assessed by a neurologist. I was diagnosed with congenital spinal stenosis. I don't remember them doing an EMG anywhere near my mouth neck, etc. Since then, after two spinal fusions, I have progressively been getting twitches in my face and now they are around my mouth. They aren't constant, but it has been progressive for about the last 3 months. I started having problems swallowing, so I went to a gastro doc because I have had GERD before. They did an endoscopy and colonoscopy on me and my esophagus is good as far as looking at it. They said I had inflammation in my stomach, but I don't think that causes me to not be able to swallow. I can swallow liquids, but solids are getting stuck. I am really worried and my family is dismissing everything I am going through. I have been through a lot medically in the last 1.5 years and I am praying this isn't what is happening to me. I hope that ya'll can help me ease my fears. Should I wait and see if my anxiety goes down a little or go back to my neuro. He never said my EMG was clean but said that there were other reasons that explained what was on the EMG when I asked about ALS.

Previous thread here.

You have the right to the EMG report. Ask for it. Feel free to post it.

But if there were signs of bulbar dysfunction, I'm pretty sure you would have heard.

Depending on which nerves are affected, spina stenosis or complications from the fusions could affect swallowing, but so could lots of benign things, even anxiety and dry mouth.

Try drinking before and after eating, and including juicy foods like orange sections, puddings, and smooth soups.

You could also try a dry mouth spray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back