00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Toronto
Hi everyone,

First I want to say thank you so much for everything that you do. I think it’s amazing that you have this thread for people like me.

I have been dealing with symptoms. I am getting an MRI next week, followed by a neuro exam. I am hoping to explain my symptoms and get some feedback. These symptoms have been happening for anywhere from 4-9 weeks.

• muscle atrophy / weight loss. I recently noticed I’ve lost about 16 lbs over the last 4 months (which is quite scary) and a lot of that seems to be muscle. My left bicep looks and measures smaller than my right, though right now my legs are very similar. I do not feel weakness, which is odd - I’m continuing to do similar workouts and runs to what I was doing 6 months ago, however I do find my left shoulder is weaker than my right. Yesterday I attempted a shoulder workout and today my left shoulder is significantly more sore than the right. I should mention I seem to be able to flex most muscles. However, again, all my muscles are noticeably smaller than they were 4-6 months ago. In ALS a would weight / muscle loss occur this quickly?
  • Twitching: I have muscle twitching that has been ongoing for about a month. It occurs in various places in the body (from the shoulder to the back to the hip to the thighs to the calves) typically only a few twitches before it moves to a new location. The first twitch I noticed did occur in the left shoulder, which is where I would say I am feeling the most weakness right now.
  • Vision: floaters and flashes. I have had floaters for a while, but they have increased in prevalence. I have recently added flashes of light to my vision repertoire (an eye doctor says my eyes look good)
  • Cognitive difficulties: memory problems, general fog
  • Clumsiness: dropping things occasionally, having a harder time performing some tasks (like scrolling on my phone with one hand)
  • Sloughing of my cheeks each morning (skin inside cheek coming off - saw a dentist, he says no signs of why this would be happening as my mouth looks good). Also have general soreness under tongue.
  • Change in vaginal discharge - more watery? Less overall discharge.

I am really just looking for some opinions on my symptoms with regards to ALS. I know some are more in line with ALS and others aren’t. I promise to respect your opinions and will not argue, although I might have some follow up questions. If you have any suggestions for specific questions I should ask my doctor please let me know!

Again, thanks for all you do.

Hello-

Please make sure to read here: Read Before Posting

You list a whole variety of things that are not related to ALS. If you read the above link you will see why you must look elsewhere for reasons for your collection of symptoms.

All the best and hopefully you will find some answers soon.

I'm sorry, but way TMI that has nothing to do with ALS. Keep searching for answers with your doc.

Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back